WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

We had a big Nor' Easter hit here last night and the cold wind is still blowing with lots of rain. It's only 46 now and I can smell fire places burning all over the neighborhood.  We still have power, many don't and there is big wind damage all over.  We only lost two medium sized branches but there are some huge trees down in some areas.  Some of the beach communities have been evacuated because of off shore winds pushing the high tides higher than normal. What happened to our spring? We did have fairly decent weather on Sat. and until late afternoon yesterday so we did get to sell flowers for our fire Co. So you know where I was for the weekend.

Lookatmeknow!!

Well, temperature wise it is around 75, but you just wouldn't believe it but the wind is blowing here.  I think that there are more days when the wind blows than not. :laugh: :laugh:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Diane Amberg

But the wind is supposed to blow there!  It's in the contract. That's why clothes line dry so nicely there. :laugh:

Joanna

Maybe so Diane, but when they are drying in your neighbors' yards down the street, it takes a lot of the "charm" out of it! ;D

Mom70x7

Was that a "windy" day or just a "breezy" day??

;D    ;D     ;D     ;D

Diane Amberg

Wilma

Somewhere between windy and breezy.  Breezy is when they stand straight out on the clothesline and windy is when they have absolutely disappeared.

Judy Harder

You are so right, Wilma..........I was thinking about washing bedding today and hanging it on the line, but I sure don't feel
like getting whipped when I hang them up and then watching to see if I need to catch them.

I will wait a few days.........and we are not real sure we won't get rain today and I am tired from my trip and I also want to
get a few more flowers in containers and that will be my day.

I had a windy weekend....but not to bad. First night at Mom and Dad's we had about 1/2 inch of rain with mothball size hail in it
but that was all.
The wind is why Kansas would make a natural Wind Farm.......and I would rather see that than a coal mine........what say you.
Guess that should be in a different topic.

If I don't forget I will ask that question. Have a great day..
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

It has been another beautiful day in southeast Kansas.  Temperature in the 80's, hardly any wind, no rain and not needing it yet.  How has it been in your neighborhood?

Bonnie M.

It's warm out our way.  For those people who like warm weather, it's been a "perfect day" for them!  The ideal temperature for me is between 70º and 75º!   :) :)
Bonnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk