WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Just to let you all know ~~~~~ at this moment we are having a lighteneing/thunder storm, with a much needed rain.
  Jeepers ..... each day is an experience.  You Gotta Love it !!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Tobina+1

I hear ya, Jo, about all the southerners thinking that 50 degrees is cold!  Chuck and I just got back from visiting his family in south Florida (Okeechobee), and we loved the warm weather!  Although they did have very cold weather right before we got there (30 degrees lows at night), it was in the 60's and 70's when we were there.  Of course, on the 60's days, everyone was bundled up in coats and sweaters... you can tell who the "yankees" are, though... we were in shorts!

Bonnie M.

I'll have to say it's the same way here in San Diego County! Wimps, I call them!  (But, they're "good people," for the most part!)
Bonnie

frawin

I was that way in West Texas as well.  When the themometer hit 40 you would have thought they lived in Montana or Idaho.  Out came the overcoats, hats, gloves, boots, etc.  Of course, I will admit, sometimes the wind made it seem worse.  Still, we usually had a sweater or light jacket at that point.

MLW

flo

Jo, Lewis had an aunt and uncle that always went to south Texas for the winter months.  Donna TX, I think.  He would call and say, yep, it's raining, but I don't have to shovel it. ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

That is a true fact --- rally it makes sense, instead of complaining about something..add a little humor and enjoy it.
  Donna is about 14 miles this side of the border.  3 hours south of us.  Our temp this morning was 48.  The sun is trying it's very best to shine, but the clouds are just as determined.  lol
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

We had a couple of inches of snow this afternoon, just enough to bring out the sand trucks and plows. Now it's turning to rain at 32.5 degrees. I can stay home tomorrow and fuss at my tile guy. I'm not real happy with some of his work so far on my counters, and I'm not a fussy person. He has done great work for us before, so I'm not sure what's up this time.

Joanna

Diane, it's a contractor virus I tell you!  And it must be spreading pretty fast if it's up your way already.  It started here for me last summer and keeps getting worse with every contractor we've had to work on our house or at the farm.  I don't know if the bug is making them screw up or making me unreasonable, but it's pretty serious...  ;) 

Bonnie M.

I hope you get your tile guy straightened out, Diane.  We really liked the work done by both, the guy who put in our granite (slab)counter top, and the other one who put up our tile backsplash, but, boy, their services don't come cheap!
Bonnie

archeobabe

It's a cold, bright, beautiful day in Elk County.  At 6:00 this morning my kitchen was lit up with moonlight.  My back yard is covered with diamonds.

So, how is the weather in your neighborhood? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk