GRAGG, Charlene Louise - b. August 27, 1961 - d. January 12, 1962

Started by T. Sackett, February 08, 2008, 04:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Sackett

Charlene Louise Gragg, infant daughter of Mr and Mrs. Clayton Gragg of Piedmont, was born August 27, 1961, at the Greenwood county hospital, Eureka, Kansas, and departed this life at the hospital January 12, 1962.  She was four months and sixteen days old.
     Survivors include her parents, of the home; four brothers, Mike, Melvin, Marvin, and Larry; three sisters, Janice, Linda and Rita; her grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. C.W. Wunderlich of Piedmont, and Mr. and Mrs. John Gragg of Disney, Oklahoma; a host of aunts, uncles, and cousins.  Charlene will be greatly missed by all of her loved ones.
     Funeral services were held Sunday, January 14, at the Piedmont Christian church, with the Rev. Sam Straight of Fall River officiating.  Burial was in the Piedmont cemetery. The Forsberg Funeral Home of Severy was in charge of the services.

(Printed in Howard Courant-Citizen on January 18, 1962)
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

patyrn

Who was the mother of this baby?  I went to school in Howardl with the Gragg kids but didn't know who their father remarried.  

T. Sackett

I am thinking the mother was Loletta Gragg.  I knew of Rita, Linda, Janice and Larry, but I know nothing about the other children that were listed.  The father, Clayton, was he previously married, or would anyone know?
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

patyrn

Loletta was the mother of Rita, Linda, Janice, and Larry, and she and Clayton Gragg divorced.  This would have been a child from a marriage after their divorce.  The other children listed must have been the second wife's children,  possibly from another marriage. 

Marcia Moore

According to Connie Wunderlich, Charlene Louise Gragg was the infant daughter of Clayton & Bonnie (Wunderlich) Gragg.  They had two other children together - Pam and Mike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk