Book written about Alan & Denise Jackson

Started by T. Sackett, January 07, 2008, 08:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Sackett

Recently  a book has been released called It's All About Him: Finding the Love of My Life, by Denise Jackson.  I've read this book and on the scale of 1- 10, with 10 being the highest rating, personally I would give it a 6-7.
     In a way, the title is misleading.  Denise isn't talking about Alan in the title, she's referring to her relationship with God.  The first half of the book is very interesting, as it's a biographical, and tells of some funny incidents that happened, and talks about their marriage, etc., about the second half of her book is mostly about her religious testimonial.
     It is considered to be an inspirational book.
     I've seen where there is another book written by Jennifer Torres, called Alan Jackson (Blue Banner Biographies) that is targeted for the younger audience (pre-teens and teens), but that is all I know about that.
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

Janet Harrington

I have purchased this book, but have not had time to read it.  When I bought it, I never got the impression that "It's All About Him" was about Alan.  I bought my book from Crossings book club, so the synopsis told me what the book was about.  Max Lucado has a book called "It's Not About Me" where Max explains how we should live our lives where it is all about "Jesus".  Now that you have talked about the Alan and Denise Jackson book, I'll get started reading it, so I can give my opinion.  Thank you for yours.

Teresa

I've read it ... and it was So -So...
It was an easy read but in my opinion.. not that inspirational and not even that good.
But maybe my tastes are different than most.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Teresa on January 07, 2008, 08:56:41 PM
I've read it ... and it was So -So...
It was an easy read but in my opinion.. not that inspirational and not even that good.
But maybe my tastes are different than most.

I could say something here, but I'll just keep my mouth shut.   :angel: :angel: :-X :-X

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Here Bossie, Bossie, Bossie. Uh, hold on a minute, maybe that's not a nice old, slow, milk cow. Look out. here she comes! ;D ;D ;D

Mom70x7

But she doesn't have a picture of a cow!  ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk