Grocery Addition

Started by W. Gray, February 14, 2006, 11:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Anyone know the status of the grocery addition at Batsons?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

DanCookson

I peek in everytime I am through (about 4 times a day, since I am addicted to pop!!)  It is coming along.  I think it is taking more time than they thought or want, but most projects like that do, especially when you are doing them yourself.

I am sure that when it is done it will be very nice.

It is also my hope that people in Howard will see it for what it is.  It is a LOCAL BUSINESS, and hopefully will be supported.

I can't believe all the people that whined and moaned about the previous grocery store and thier prices and so on and so forth, but then complained when they went out of business.

Businesses go out of business because people don't shop there.  The more people that shop, they more volume that is done.  The more volume that is done, the better prices you can get.  It isn't fantasy land where the goverment subsidizes it and supports it so we can have a convienient place to buy groceries at WalMart type prices.

It is my sincere hope that everyone will be willing to pay a little extra to have the convienience of a nice place to grocery shop.

There, said my piece I guess!!!(Jumps down from stump)

Mom70x7

Hooray!!

(clapping for the stump-er) ;)

W. Gray

It will be a good addition to Howard.  It is a good thing Julie Perkins is as young as she is. Maybe the store will be around for awhile.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

Quote from: Mom70x7 on February 15, 2006, 01:27:58 PM
  Hooray!!

(clapping for the stump-er) ;)

The stump-er..................   ;D :D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk