Sarge ( Jim McDonald) entertains us.

Started by Teresa, January 12, 2008, 11:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

When I was typing how great a song that was, I was going to add something else.  Unfortunately, I was blind-sided by a senior moment and lost all train of thought.  I have now remembered.

When the song started, my normally quiet R.A.M.B.O, who never barks at anything, began to bark and cocked his head looking at the computer and then made a bee-line for the door.  He apparently has no taste for good music.

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

jarhead

Larry, It probably wasn't the music. More than likely it was the toothless musician. That ol Sarge can be a spooky feller !! You need to work on Sarge and tell him how much you love to hear bag pipes. I want him to play amazing Grace--on pipes--at my funeral but he always says he can do it on the harmonica. Just aint the same.

larryJ

Nah, he wasn't in a position to see the screen.  He could only hear the music.  I am kinda disappointed in him that he has no taste for good music.  Perhaps, if Sarge were to play the pipes, he might change his altitude.  A few years ago, I attended the services for a neighbor who was a vet.  The services were held at the cemetery inside a chapel.  As the service concluded, bagpipes could be heard outside playing Amazing Grace.  I seriously had tears in my eyes.  All the vets in the audience stood and gave a final hand salute to my neighbor for about five minutes. 

So, hey, Sarge, lets hear the pipes.

Larryj

Sarge

I thank all of you for the kind comments. The contest this year has been modified and there will be no people's choice award, so I have little hopes of winning anything. Entries come from all over the world and there are fantastic players entering every day, but I enjoy doing the videos and submitting them for consideration anyway.

I told tarhead, uh jarhead that if he bought me a set of bagpipes I'd try to learn Amazing Grace on them.  He won't do it, so what does that tell you?
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

jarhead

Tarhead ??? That's gonna cost you Fly-Boy !!!! What that tells me is---I'm broke and you're a skinflint.

larryJ

It tells me that I am kinda glad I don't live too close.  I don't want to be hit by the collateral damage.  On the other hand, we would have a fun time together.  Oh well.  You two try and behave.

Larryj

jarhead

Larry,
I try my best to behave but with Sarge it a tuff job. We go fishing and it's yack, yack yack !! The lad never shuts up. "that was a big one---I had a bite---I caught the biggest fish" ---and on and on and on. As you know Larry, I'm a man of few words but that Sarge is a blabber mouth  ?????

larryJ

LOL!!!   Oh well, you know there is one in every crowd, but it would probably be pretty boring without him.  So I guess you just have to put up with it.

Larryj

Sarge

Quote from: jarhead on November 04, 2009, 11:58:10 AM
Larry, , I'm a man of few words but that Sarge is a blabber mouth  ?????

That is a typical jarhead prevarication.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Jo McDonald

We just got home from trout fishing in Lake Tanneycomo-Branson, MO.
  Yeeee Hawwww!!!  we had a wonderful time and caught LOTS of trout.
Nice way to be entertained, GREAT harp playing, Jim.  Unclie and I enjoyed it.
Auntie
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk