Sarge ( Jim McDonald) entertains us.

Started by Teresa, January 12, 2008, 11:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge

Nope, not done at the falls, just sitting in my yard when I did that.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Teresa

Well I shore did like it all... ya have anymore?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Sarge

I will shortly. A harmonica player in S. Carolina wants me to play Bully of the Town. He wants to learn it.  I also have a challenge to do a rendition of Lost John, but I have to sing in it and you and I both know I can't sing.

Teresa

You play.. I'll sing...
lol

And you can too sing...  Practice signing to the squirrels..
if they run..you suck.. if they follow you ............
;D

Teresa

Jim McDonald~~~~ otherwise known in here as "Sarge".
Is the winner of the Harmonica Contest at the 2009 Bushman Blues Fest. in Bean Blossom Indiana ..

The first song he did was a rendition of Lost John . This one isn't out yet on utube..
But the one here is the Barn Dance medley he did. 

He was a hit with everyone!! 1st Place!!! 

This annual festival runs for four days  and celebrate the joys of bluegrass and blues music, offering a family-friendly opportunity for fun and fellowship in the Great Outdoors of rural Indiana. The blues festival, affectionately know as "The Bean,"  spotlights another form of music as quintessentially American as bluegrass.
This is the 7th year and Sarge would know for sure but the information I got was that there was about 5,000 people there this year( I got that off one of the forums)  .
He said that it was held at the Bill Monroe Park and it was filled up with tents, campers and motor homes, then on Sat night when the main concerts started there was a bunch of walk in traffic just for the concerts.   Sounds like so much fun.. and to come in FIRST PLACE in the Harmonica Category... !!
Thats just too cool!!!! 

Tobina+1

Congrats, Sarge!
And Tereso, did you mean AUG 8-11 (instead of Sep)??  Otherwise, a bigger congrats to Sarge for winning a contest that hasn't even happened yet!    ;)

greatguns

WOW!  Some kind of good.  Congratulations!

sixdogsmom

This is great! Thanks for sharing.  8)
Edie

Diane Amberg

Sarge

Hey, thanks folks.  it was the Bean Blossom Blues Fest not Bushman and the dates this year were 27-29 Aug.  The other info Twee got correct and her minor mistakes in info was probably my fault when I was telling her about it.  It was one of the best times I've had and rates right up there with the big Shawnee Squirrel Hunt which will happen in about 3 weeks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk