Tornado in Longton

Started by Teresa, January 08, 2008, 11:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

I learned something, too.  I didn't know it had a different name at first.  sixsdogmom, my job is in shipping.  I mostly package up single item orders.  We have totes that come down a conveyor belt full of product.  Each piece is a single order.  We scan the tote.  It tells us how many items are in the tote.  We then scan the item, the computer tells us what kind of package we should put it in, we package the item, we get the bar code from the printer, put it on the package and send it down another conveyor belt which sends it to the dock where it is put on a truck and taken away.  I really like it because I get to handle lots of product.  It's an easy job and I don't have to make decisions. 

sixdogsmom

Neat! Hope that you do well! Blessings.
Edie

Rudy Taylor

Hey, good luck with your new job, Janet.  I know the drive must be a beast at times --- lots of deer running out in front of cars along Highway 160 between Howard and Elk City.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

W. Gray

Our last item purchased from Amazon, came from Coffeyville via DHL.

When the package arrived at the Denver DHL center in Englewood, CO, it was delivered to the Englewood post office.

DHL has a business agreement with the post office to deliver their packages. I groaned realizing it was coming to the house by mail and would probably take another three days. However, we received the package the next day from the Centennial post office.

It arrived one day earlier than scheduled.

DHL (Dalcey, Hillblom, and Lynn) is a German post office company directly competing with FedEx and UPS.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

jensarlou

Janet,
I did that drive for 8 months while I worked at Cessna.  Some of the most beautiful scenery.  The roads can be a bear in winter but you are right it is a relaxing drive.  Since it was a long enough drive I used to listen to audio books.  I only live 13 miles from where I work now so I don't have as much time, and of course I am really lucky if I see a deer or two.  Mostly just miles of pine trees.  So think of me sometime on your drive and I'll plan on ordering something from Amazon soon.  Till then take care and drive safe.
Andrea

Teresa

Nice to hear form you Andrea..
I assume all is well with you and yours?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

jensarlou

Yes we are all doing well.  Jenepher has moved out to the beach with her friends.  Sarah and Louie are still here at home.  The weather has been cold lately but it will warm up soon.  I want6ed to post a picture of the kids but don't know how.  Maybe you can help.
Andrea

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk