"A Wild Hair"

Started by T. Sackett, December 28, 2007, 08:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Sackett

While eating breakfast this morning, I got this "wild hair" idea, but don't know the first thing on how feasible it would be to materialize the project. Elk county has many beautiful scenic spots throughout the county, and it would be great to create these scenic spots into a jigsaw puzzle and market them.  Any ideas, anyone? Would that be a nice fund-raiser for some club/group in Elk county?  And it would be interesting to take words and place names (all that pertain to Elk county) and put them into Find-A-Word puzzle.
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

Tobina+1

I think that's a good idea!  How about a calendar or playing cards?  There's lots of photo puzzle sites where you can upload photos and make puzzles, but not sure where to find wholesale type puzzles. 
Here's one:  http://www.snapshotpuzzles.com/wholesale.html

Teresa

ahhhhhh.. that's the beautiful thing about this forum of people.
Full of fun ideas and a plan to back it.
Thanks .. these are great ideas..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

I like your idea, it sounds fun.  I would probably buy some.

Tobina+1

This might be a good fund raiser for the Elk Konnected group (ahem... Liz, pay attention).
You know those types of puzzles with the cartoon-type drawings of states, etc, where they have highlighted areas of interest by making them larger and comical?  A map of Elk County could do that... for example, put an outhouse in Elk Falls, the courthouse clock tower in Howard, crazy cartoon people in Moline, etc.
But I'm just kind of an idea gal...  you can sell your future puzzles in my future coffee house... sometime in the future...  :D

T. Sackett

That goes for me, too.  I can think of a number "wild hair" ideas, but getting them to materialize is something else.  Think I may just leave all the hard work to some club/organization that wants to raise some money.  ;D  Too bad that Elk County doesn't have a tourism dept. to help promote what the county has to offer.  I think it would be a nifty idea to put a picture of the new Hunting lodge/Swinging Bridge cafe into a puzzle and offer it for sale to help promote Moline and the new facility.
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk