WORLD NEWS

Started by Diane Amberg, December 27, 2007, 06:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

So, what do you all think about what happened in Pakistan today? It seems we take one step forward and two steps back... really a shame. Now all our candidates will have to figure out how to work this into their campaigns. With Iowa so close it will be interesting to follow. I hope this doesn't completely destabilize Pakistan.

sixdogsmom

I cannot believe it has not happened before now. The attitude toward women in that part of the world id atrocious, and even though Pakistan is supposed to be advanced---- ::) ::) . I wonder who will come out on top over There!
Edie

Mom70x7

I still have trouble grasping the concept that political assassinations are somewhat acceptable in some parts of the world.  :(

sixdogsmom

Yeah, especially when we now know that our own CIA is responsible for more than one assasination or attempt at assasination. I think this knowledge is really what started the discontent that Americans have with their government.  :'( :'(
Edie

Teresa

Quote from: sixdogsmom on December 28, 2007, 12:02:09 AM
Yeah, especially when we now know that our own CIA is responsible for more than one assasination or attempt at assasination. I think this knowledge is really what started the discontent that Americans have with their government.  :'( :'(

Yep.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

This is interesting!  It is a Global Incident Map:

When you click on the web site link below, a World Map comes up showing what strange & dangerous things are happening right now in every country in the entire world & is updated every few minutes. You can move the map around, zero in on any one area & actually up-load the story of what is going on.
It is amazing when you can see the things that are happening right here in the U.S., sometimes right in your own state or even your city. 

There is so much happening in our world every minute.  This "map" updates every 5 minutes...constantly 24/7.

http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Bonnie M.

Teresa, that map is amazing!  I, once again, ask myself "How do they do that?"
Bonnie

Janet Harrington

That is an interesting map.  I'll have to check it once in awhile.

Roma Jean Turner

:o Awesome site, I had no idea that a site like this existed.  Thanks for the info.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk