Stoney Point School Pic

Started by Ole Granny, December 27, 2007, 07:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

Finally found this!  Knew I had it somewhere.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Janet Harrington

Cool.  Where was this one located?

frawin

Cross the river bridge east of Elk Falls, and turn north on the road that goes by Neal Osborns, Birds, etc.  It was about a mile or so off the highway.
mlw

Jo McDonald

I thought the name of that school was Star.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

ddurbin

Unless there was more than one, Star School was located 3 miles west of Moline on Hwy 160, then one mile north.  The building is still standing there and is used for hay storage by the Huntingtons.  It's on the SE corner of the intersection, with the communication tower on the NW corner.  My dad and his siblings all went there while they lived on Rumpus Ridge (one mile east and one north of the school.)

frawin

There was also a school named Star up in the Flint Hills.  I have a picture of Mother, Aunt Nina, & Aunt Hope in front of Stoney Point.

mlw

Roma Jean Turner

I just took a picture of the old building of the Star School west of Moline, Dana Durbin Gillespie is the one who identified it for me. 

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Ole Granny

That is so very sad.  So many fun hours of learning and dancing.  Shining Star 4-H Club held meetings in this building during the 50's and 60's,  It has lost its shining star.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk