Another Question

Started by Wilma, July 25, 2007, 02:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Smith

I always have a table cloth in my formal dining room... 365 days a year.  My breakfast room occassionally has a table cloth. BUT, for holiday dinners, I can't imagine the tables without them.  I sometimes do like Teresa and tape the cloth if there will be little ones at the table (which is usually the one in my breakfast room.

Bonnie M.

Yes, we use the Christmas table cloths.  I have a "vinyl" one that is round and fits our kitchen table, and an oblong one (fabric) for our dining room table.  We go to the home of our daughter, Cathy, for Christmas, and she, also, uses pretty Christmas table cloths, and it's nice.  For Christmas morning, we have a nice breakfast.  Bob makes "the" breakfast casserole the evening before, we take it out to Cathy and Harvey's house and it bakes while "the children" are seeing what Santa left for them, and checking out what's in their stockings.  We sometimes have sweet rolls, well, I guess we always do, come to think of it!  So, we munch along all morning, then rest a while before the Christmas Dinner.  We sometimes "make it easy on ourselves" for the Christmas dinner, and I'm sure we will this year, as we're "down in numbers." 
Bonnie

Jo McDonald

The girls and their hubbies and our grandchildren always came "home" on Christmas Day - laden with gifts and we used to have a big dinner..but then as the grandkids got older we decided to have "snackies".  So things were prepared and set out on the bar and we could start eating any time we chose to, and that was usually just as everyone got there, and we could eat all day, and into the night.  We opened gifts - then played games all the rest of the day and evening.  It was WONDERFUL and I miss it.  The girls still carry on the same tradition in their own homes. 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk