Trip to Wichita, Roma Jean

Started by Roma Jean Turner, December 19, 2007, 08:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Roma Jean.. I thought I was going to have to be gone, but I am not leaving. My sister is coming here for the weekend.. so if you have a quick spare minute.. please stop by the house (219 S. Pennsylvania..the one with Mr. & Mrs Claus in the yard) so we can meet and have a hug. If you don't have the time, don't stress it.. we will catch up another time. Holiday time is no time to try to cram a million things in a window of space. So just relax and what you have time for you have time for and what you don't you don't.
Drive safe....
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

Teresa. Sorry I missed you.  Wilma told me about this post.  When I went to your house you were gone.  I dropped in at Cooksons and they said you were out of town.  Anyway, now I know where you guys live and I will hollar out you on my next trip.  If I come through on my way home I'll stop, but may go back through Chanute to see some folks there.  Have a Wonderful Christmas.

Ole Granny

Roma Jean,

Hope you made it to Wichita last night.  This morning is not a good travel day!   I have not heard from Santa about his visit for this evening.  I heard that one the reindeer has a stomach virus so may not make it today. :D :D  It depends on how the weather continues for the rest of the day. ;)
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Teresa

Roma.. I am sorry I missed you too. I thought you were coming thru today . I  was in Wichita. We can maybe make it work next time..
  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Give that sick reindeer some Cipro, it sure works for me!

Roma Jean Turner

It's 3:45  on Saturday, I'm at my sister's still in my PJ's.  Our progressive family dinner has been rescheduled for tomorrow.  It is a blizzard here.  The wind has settled down some from this morning.  My neice said it was nerve wracking coming home from work earlier.  It looks like we will have a white Chistmas here. The next fron is due in Christmas evening or Wednesday so I may end up staying here longer than I thought.  No way I will risk ending up in a ditch between here and home.  Has any snow hit Elk Co yet?

Ole Granny

Santa said he could make it without the one reindeer but we have kids on the west side of town that were coming over to the east side.  Decided it was not worth the risk.  We will reschedule if possible.  If not --another year.  Everyone is staying in --cooking--sleeping watching a movie and I'm on the computer right now.  Eating some Rotel dip with chips.  Finished the Turtle Balls, made a cake, the Rotel-two batches of "Best Candy"  I'll post the recipe-it's easy and grandson's love it.  Next will make some pies, chocolate chip cookies and Baked Potato Soup.  Daughter who lives a few blocks away came over and she wants some Chili.  Will start on that first.  Keep warm!
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Wilma

It has been snowing here since before 3:00 but there isn't much accumulation.  It is blowing but the conditions are not nearly what we have been hearing about  According to the radar we should be out of it in about 2 hours.

Bud is having a ball.  The weather has steamed up the bird feeder window and he can see the birds but they can't see him so they are staying closer than usual.  I know there are birds out there when I hear the little chickadees.  They always have something to say when they come in to eat.  Staying warm tonight and hoping that tomorrow everything will be cleared out so the Missouri bunch can come for our Christmas. 

Judy Harder

Roma,

Yes we have snow here in Longton, with ice under it. Not sure how  much (2 inches?)
except to put the dog out on his tether......and I added another rope to it, and
it is up to the door, so all I need to do is step out and hope the snap isn't froze.

I threw out some ice melt around 3 this afternoon and it is already covered.
At that time I let the storm door close and it almost froze me outside.
I (with my arthritic hands) pounded on the handle  enough to get it open, and paid
for that ever since. got lots of pain in the left hand, that is where the rhemotoid is the
worse.

My trip may be off. Mom called around noon and they (at that time) had 4 inches on ground and couldn't see 50' out
the back door........and she said it was suppose to get to 6 or 8 inches before it is done.

with another storm due in Wednesday and our roads liable to stay bad for a day or two.......in spite
of the warm up.......it just may be a good idea to stay home.
Hopefully I can get up there between winter storms and when the main part of the family can get together.
God willing we all will get to where we need to (or want) to go.

You stay safe and off the roads unless you have to be out.  God watch over you and yours.
Hugs and AOYP
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

I just wanted to add my experience going to work on the day it iced and snow.  I had absolutely no problem driving.  I have driven on these kinds of roads to work accidents, so I have more experience than most people.  I still went to work.  Several people did not show up for work.  My little Toyota worked like the dandy car it is.  My only problem was other drivers.  Lots of drivers think they need to keep using their brakes and that's where a driver will get into trouble.  Using your brakes too much will put you into a slide that you may or may not be able to steer out of.  Anyway, I made it to work and everything was great.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk