Trip to Wichita, Roma Jean

Started by Roma Jean Turner, December 19, 2007, 08:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

I'm leaving Friday to head to Wichita for the holidays.  Would like to go through Coffeyville, down 166 I think and go through Moline and Howard then up to 400. Anyway, does anyone know if the roads are all clear by now.  I would assume they are but don't what the weather is supposed to be like.  Any input is appreciated.

sixdogsmom

Roads are great right now. We live in Moline, went to Sedan yesterday and just did a little light tour tonight. We even went to Elk Falls as I saw a house there last week that was really decorated. The trip back over there was worth it, just beautiful. Just watch for the deer, but I think you probably already know that. Drive careful, and have a Merry Christmas!
Edie

Ole Granny

Roma Jean,
Give me a call if you have time.  Santa is stopping by our house Friday evening around 5 for a pre-Christmas surprise.  It seems he is too busy on Christmas Eve and Christmas to stop at our house for a visit.  He will come back again on Christmas Eve but is sneaky that day.  Santa is very jolly and the kids and adults seem to enjoy the visit.  If you'd like to stop by at that time please do.  We do take pictures of anyone who wants to set on Santa's lap.  It is loud as Santa has this booming voice and sings with everyone.
He has a busy schedule so is not here for a long period of time.  Hope to see you during your viist.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Roma Jean Turner

OLE GRANNY:  Thanks for the invite, don't have any idea yet as to when I will arrive.  Bev Leffingwell and I are going to try to get together to do something on Sunday.  I know she would love to meet you.  When I get to town and see what all the plans are I will see if the three of us can get together for a burger and talk old times.  Talk to you soon.

Diane Amberg

Do you have Santa ride around your neighborhood on a fire engine? We do that here. We call them "Santa Drive Bys" ( no, we don't shoot anyone ;D) and have a special firefighter committee that does it, including tossing candy canes to the kids.

Wilma

Roma Jean, I will be home all day tomorrow if you want to make a rest stop.  We will be putting up the tree and doing some cleaning, etc., but have time for you.  We went to Wichita today and everything is fine.  The roads are dry and almost all of the ice and snow are gone.  My car doesn't set under the carport anymore, so that isn't an indication as to whether or not I am home.  So don't pass me up just because the car isn't out front.  Have a good trip whether or not we see you.

Roma Jean Turner

Wilma, I'm hoping to have most of my stuff loaded tonight and be ready to leave without a lot of hastle tomorrow.  My dog sitter is staying at my house this time, so I don't have to load them and their things and do the ritual drop off.  That will save me some time right there.  I hope to see you sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Wilma

Bonnie M.

You girls have a good visit, and "pretend" that I'm sitting there with you.  (Singing, no doubt!)
Bonnie

Roma Jean Turner

Will do Bonnie have a very Merry Christmas!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk