Update on Henry

Started by hhjacobs, December 16, 2007, 02:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Henry,

When you get better, can you post a small spiel as to what happened from your perspective?

What was going through your mind just before and when your wife came driving up, etc?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

patyrn

We visited Henry at the Rehab Hospital on Friday and he was making great progress.  He was supposed to meet with the bone doctor today (Monday), and if everything was going well, he might be coming home on Tuesday.  As of Friday, he was not allowed any weight on his right leg so was using the walker to get to the bathroom and the wheelchair for moving around the facility. 

Several good Howard citizens chopped and delivered four ricks of wood to Henry and Marjean's yard this weekend to help them out with their wood stove when they arrive home.  Undoubtedly they will have additional needs until Henry is up and running.  All of you who have offered to help out in any way can probably make good on your offers, and I'm sure they appreciate all of your concern.

Roma Jean Turner

What great news.  It's always so great to see people pull together to help each other.  Those good old Kansas roots.

Diane Amberg

You people are so good to each other. It makes me proud to have Kansas blood in my veins. Keep up the good work!  :)

hhjacobs

:) :) :) :) :) :) Well got home today,nice to be in my own home. Can only put 25% weight on right foot, not much.I what to thank everybody for the nice cards,telephone calls and visits while I was in hospital and rehab.

Henry

Jo McDonald

God's blessing were bestowed upon you and Marjean, Henry.  So great to learn that you are home and hopefully will soon be 100 %. 
Up and going strong  again.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

Glad you are home Henry! :)
When Mark and Derek was getting your bed downstairs and all set up for you,  they said you were in fine spirits., and seemed to be getting around pretty good.
My comment on that was "Tell me a time when you haven't seen Henry Jacobs smiling and laughing with you".

**I am sure Marjean can tell us plenty of times...  ::)
Buuuuttttt  we will keep those family secrets in the closet where they belong.. and keep your sunny reputation intact! **  ;D ;D

Welcome home.... What kind of pie do you like?

I will get one made for you and bring it by for a "welcome back home" present.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Rudy Taylor

Henry, just be nice.
Accept Teresa's pie and play like you're going to eat it.
She'll never know. You can dispose of it later.
We've all done that a few times.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Janet Harrington

Glad you are home, Henry.  I hope the healing goes well.

Teresa

Quote from: Rudy Taylor on January 09, 2008, 02:20:46 PM
Henry, just be nice.
Accept Teresa's pie and play like you're going to eat it.
She'll never know. You can dispose of it later.
We've all done that a few times.

Who do you think you are kidding~~ You are just jealous that I am not offering to make you a pie.. and Don't throw it away Henry.. cause Rudy will be probably lurking around your trash bucket if you do.. LOL

He has requested a peach or cherry... So peach or cherry it is.  :-*
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk