Update on Henry

Started by hhjacobs, December 16, 2007, 02:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhjacobs

Good morning everyone, thank you so much for all the thing you have done. The prayers , cards, phone calls nice little things in the mail and most of all your love.
When I left at midnight he had settled down a little. Earlier in the evening his oxygen was down in the 80's with it running at 4 liters. Turning it up to 6 got him back up in the 90"s and a breating treatment. It is so hard to watch him breathe so hard. Alot of the time is does alright, night time seems to bring it on. He is still not eatting. They have him on ice chips. He says all that is wrong is that he needs coffeee and Pepsi.!!!
Thank you all again. It is time to go releave our daughter Jodi. Jena stayed with him the night before. Thank the good Lord for kids!!!!

Teresa

You tell Henry to hang in there and get well! We miss him!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

hhjacobs

Henry was moved this evening from the regular floor to MICU. The nurses there are one to every three patients. So we feel he will be getting better care.The goal is to get his bowels to moving , so the bile and gas in his stomach will flow rhough and take the pressure off his lungs so he can breathe better.
Thank you alll for your prayers, Marjean and Henry

Diane Amberg

Aw, poor guy. He really did get squished. More prayers immediately from here. He'll need a lot of support.

Joanna

I received an email last night with an updated address for Henry, he's moved back to the 4th floor.  Apparently they've not got his innards all back on track and working yet.  Just a reiminder for us all to keep Henry & Marjean in our thoughts & prayers.

Henry Jacobs
Room #4-402
Wesley Medical Center
550 N. Hillside
Wichita, KS  67214

Rudy Taylor

A Christmas wish for Henry is being uploaded as I write. We need you, Henry.
Keep fighting.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

patyrn

I just talked to Marjean on the phone, and she reports as follows:

Henry has been transferred to Our Lady of Lourdes Rehab Hospital.  All of the tubes have been disconnected, and he is no longer needing oxygen. His intestines are functioning well.  He walked with a walker today and even tried the stairs.  Because of his strong upper body strength, the doctors predict he may be released in a week or so to go home.  Of course, he still will have a long period of healing, but things are looking up and they have been blessed by this amount of progress. 

He loves getting mail, and his new address is:

Henry Jacobs
Our Lady of Lourdes Rehab Hospital
1151 N. Rock Road
Wichita, KS  67206

Diane Amberg

That is great news! Prayers for his continued recovery.

patyrn

We just got a short e-mail message from Henry telling us the same information I posted last night.  It's great that he is able to be corresponding again via the computer.  Things are looking up for him!!!!!

Diane Amberg

Since you seem to have two threads going, thought I'd use this one as you are on the mend.  It's nice to know you are healed enough to be back on the forum.  The skunks can stay on the other one. ;D   It sounds like you are making significant positive progress on healing from a nasty injury. Prayers continue for a speedy recovery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk