How Clean is your Hotel room....

Started by Teresa, December 08, 2007, 03:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

If you stay in hotels you HAVE to watch this..
Kjell always kids me about having to take my own can of Comet where ever we go .. but I KNOW that bathtubs are not cleaned out and I am not going to stand in a shower that is full of bath tub rings and hair and ....**shuddering** other stuff. YUCK.
So I just take my own cleanser and clean it. Simple as that.

This just proves that we don't have any idea what we are using when we stay away from home.
It makes me mad. Housekeepers are hired to do a job. ONE SIMPLE JOB. Scrub  the bathroom..change sheets on a bed and vacuum.
Not exactly rocket science.. but there is more than lots of times when I KNOW that our room hasn't been hardly  touched... let alone cleaned.
The prices you pay for a room these days should entitle a person to "clean"..
Doesn't have to be fancy, but it damned sure should be clean.

Watch this!
http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22250/39039
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

All the years that Fred traveled he carried a large can of Lysol and started at the door as soon as he opened it -- sprayed ALL OVER the carpet-counters-bed-table and chairs.  Then if he was to stay more than one night - he would put something inside the pillow case - and under the bed - and if both traps were still there, to the desk he went with his "evidence" and all heck popped loose.  He would not let me take off my shoes and walk barefoot in the rooms either.  They are not the cleanest places on the planet that is for sure.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

T. Sackett

I used to pack a disinfectant spray, also to use on motel rooms, when traveling.  But what has me wondering is-  Just how safe are those motel rooms???  How many people have had duplicates made of their motel keys, and then returned at a later date to commit a crime of robbery, murder or rape??  I've heard of so many horror stories that have happened to people staying in motels.
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

frawin

We, too, carry Lysol with us and spray the room when we arrive. 

Myrna

Teresa

Well then! That settles it!
I will now carry Lysol along with my Comet in my little travel cleaning bag. But isn't it a crappy deal when you pay $70-100 a night to sleep in a room and you have to clean it yourself? What is wrong with THAT picture?...!

indygal

Paying to stay in a room that you have to clean....hmmm.... reminds me of those Mexican restaurants that, if you order fajitas, they bring the ingredients and brazier to the table and you have to cook it yourself!

Jo McDonald

Sometimes that is better than watching them cut off a slab of meat that has been hanging in the open - then throw it on the sizzling hot grill - then on to your plate.   Yuckie Yuck Yuck !!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Rudy Taylor

Just don't use a black light.

You'll die from the shock.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

On the meat? I'd use the black light after the meat is cooked!  On a hotel bedspread....oh,my!

Teresa

Kinda just want to tiptoe in.. gently set your stuff on a piece of plastic that you carry with you.. throw the plastic over the bedspread and then go in.. clean the bathroom, clean up and slip out to go eat.. then come back and turn the bed down.. toss the pillows that are there.. and use your own.( I take my own pillow too  :-\ ..I know..I'm weird).
But we don't.
We usually plop right down on the bedspread and grab the information book and start looking for places to eat and things to do.. lol

oh well.. so much for sanitation.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk