Attention horse lovers..........

Started by Sarah, December 08, 2007, 09:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Does anyone know a really good farrier out here?  We need one that's patient and willing.  We have 4 horses that need to be trimmed.
Thanks

Teresa

Mick Loyd from Moline is wonderful. He does a great job and I have had him shoe my horses in the past.
647-3217 is his number.
You might call him and tell him about your horses...(quirks etc)  and then you can go from there to see if you want him to do yours...or if he wants to do them.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

Aaron Russell from Fall River was an excellent farrier --- I think he is still doing that. 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

John Jacot from Moline is also a farrier.  I don't know how good he is and I don't know his number.  I know that Mick is a really patient man with horses.  I stood and watched him work one time when I was sheriff.

Teresa

I give Mick massages too. And he just loves his horses. He loves his work and said he can't imagine doing anything else.
I like him for another reason. When he was shooing my horses, he let me stand and hold them while he worked. By holding I mean stand up by their head and wrap my arm up and around their neck and talk to them in their ear. My old mare didn't mind her feet done at all , but she loved me to baby talk to her anyway. I had a gelding that was skittish about his front feet and I was glad I was there for him. He tugged and pulled but with me helping and talking to him it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Mick was so patient and did a great job. The other ones I stood with too and they were calmer I think because of it. 
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

Chuck gets his 3 horses shod by Mick, too.  It does seem to take a couple weeks to get in to him, though, so better call right away.  Also, I don't think he does on-site visits anymore; you'll have to take them to his place.

Diane Amberg

One shoos flies and shoes horses. Ya shoo horses, they'll run away, flapping their shoes behind them. Yup, there's nothing like being leaned on, while your horse has his front "toesies" worked on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk