TELL ME SOMETHING

Started by Wilma, November 27, 2007, 08:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Why are bath towels not as fluffy as they used to be?  I have towels that are at least 15 years old and they come out of the dryer softer than the towels that I bought 6 months ago.  I have towels that belonged to my mother that have to be at least 20 years old and they are fluffier than any of the others.  Why is this?

Judy Harder

Same reason that appliances don't last as long..........things are made cheaper (better) and
they skimp to save money.......then you must buy new ones.
Nasty circle.........at least that is what I think.
Maybe someone else has a  better answer..........????
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Tobina+1

Hmm.  I think it's so that you have an excuse to change your bathroom colors and styles every few years.  Same reason why bed linens and comforters don't last long, either.

Rudy Taylor

My wife gives me grief over this but I "like" bath towels that are not fluffy.  I prefer the thinner ones (shut up, everyone).

So, it's another reason never to marry me.  Besides, Kathy won't release me.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Dale Smith

hate to admit it, but I agree with Rudy on this one. 

Teresa

Quote from: dsmit11 on November 28, 2007, 06:01:11 AM
hate to admit it, but I agree with Rudy on this one. 

You agree that you don't want to marry Rudy? Or that you know that Kathy won't release him? (Personally I am for "catch and release".. hahahahaha   :D)

Or do you agree that you like thin scratchy towels... ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

I agree with Rudy that I like the thinner towels, but I also like them to be soft.  I don't like the big bulky ones. 

Dale Smith

well obviously I agree that I don't want to marry Rudy... and since I don't know his wife, I have no idea if she would release him or not.  but, I do prefer the thin towels... not necessarily scratchy.  Downy fabric softner in the washer does work wonders.  ;-)

sixdogsmom

I think the answer lies in the fact that the cotton threads are pulled tighter than they used to be to save on cotton. Have you ever felt a hand woven cotton garment? It is incredibly soft to the touch. The threads lose their loft when pulled too tight. Its' all about the money folks; quality doesn't count anymore. If the item is new and looks good enough to sell, that is what counts now.
Edie

Jo McDonald

I like towels that have been dried outside on the clothesline.  I like the brisk rub down that they give. 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk