TELL ME SOMETHING

Started by Wilma, November 27, 2007, 08:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

I remember in my younger years, smuggling Coors Beer from Oklahoma to Kansas,  do I now need to start an Arm & Hammer Kitty Litter run from here to Howard ? :laugh:  I always used it when I had cats but haven't paid attention lately.  I know it is no long term solution, but I can drop you off some on my way to Wichita for Christmas.  I will take the back roads down and come up through Howard to 400.

sixdogsmom

Since Walmart has redone their stores , there seem to be lots of things they no longer carry. I guess this it to make room for the high profit items that we don't really need. It will be kind of like going to the mall---just forget it if you are shopping for something you really need. Pretty soon there will be an open market for local enterprise, I hope.
Edie

Wilma

Thank you, Roma.  It has to be the kind that can be flushed.  I can get the other kind around here.  In fact, I have a box of the non-flushable in the utility room that I will use in an emergency, like if I can't get anything else.  If you can find the flushable kind in Missouri, I will have my daughter bring me some every time she comes over.

Teresa

Julie is wonderful when it comes to ordering what you want.
I have ask her about several items and before long they are right there in the store.
Don't underestimate our local buisness's on getting anything that the bigger stores can get.
Generally they can get anything you need. And WILL.
So ya better ask her first Wilma... after all... SHE is here in good old Howard.. caring about our town..
Walmart certainly isn't.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Mom70x7

QuoteOK, I will ask her.

Have you been to the store yet? What results?  ???

Wilma

I haven't been to the store yet.  I thought I might yesterday, but it was so cold that I decided to just get my hair cut and come home.  Maybe when it warms up a bit more.  First daughter does my errands for me when I don't want to go out.

Wilma

Back to the soft towels.  Janet brought me some of those balls to put in the dryer and I tried them this morning.  They didn't work for me.  I compared one of the towels with another towel just like it that had been dried without the balls and without the balls is softer.

Rudy Taylor

... balls in the dryer?

I don't think so!!

(This sounds like a conversation where Ta Ta would feel right at home.)
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Mom70x7

Ahhh, Rudy - education time.  :)

She's talking about a real product: http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/dryer_balls.html

Dryer Balls - The Official Site of AsSeenOnTV.com - The Natural Way To Soften Fabrics!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk