Appreciation Day

Started by Wilma, July 13, 2007, 06:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

many of us may not be related to each other, but chances are in many circumstances we are relation to relation back down the line.  I found out just a few months ago that that my great-uncle was married to the aunt of my best friend from grade school.  Doesn't make us relation to each other but we decided close enough to call each other cousins, and we are still best friends 55+ years later.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

As I said on another thread, there are bloodlines and heartlines. If you weave them together, they become lifelines.

Rudy Taylor

I've already written it down. You got a book of this stuff, Diane?

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

No, that one is totally my own. I am the author.

kdfrawg

If you have many more like that, you'd better write a book.

:)

How was dinner?

Diane Amberg

It was wonderful.  French onion soup, frutti di Mare on fresh homemade linguini, a fresh fruit on vanilla and raspberry gelati sundae and my best friend to share it with. I don't think it gets better than that. Bedtime ;)

kdfrawg

Indeed it does not.

It sounds divine.

Thanks for sharing.

:)

Wilma

I have to express my appreciation for Marcia Moore again.  She saw her duty, served her country and did a job that none of us really want to do,  and the hardest part of that particular job.  So I want to say again, thank you, Marcia Moore, for being a good American.  Our country is better because of people like you and I am proud that you are a Kansan and so close to being an Elk Countian.  May the good Lord bless and keep you.

Wilma

Appreciation time again.  To all our firemen, all volunteers, who turn out to fight the fires that threaten our community.  Not only that, but the response time is terrific.  The fire whistle doesn't go around more than 5 times and there is someone there, no matter what the time of day or night.

Also, to Kjell and Teresa, for their reporting and photography.  It's better than being there in person because I don't have to go out.  And to the other Forum members that post what they know as soon as they can.  Since my hearing isn't impaired and I hear the sirens, it is almost more than I can bear to sit here and not know what is happening and where.

flo

and at the same time, appreciate those law enforcement officers who keep the "gawkers" back out of not only harm's way, but out of the way of those trying to do their job.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk