Lady Bugs

Started by Joanna, November 08, 2007, 07:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

What's up with all the lady-bugs?  The house seems to be swarming with them!  I carry a hand broom to sweep them off the siding so I can paint without getting them in it!  Maybe they just like the new color on the house???

Also, my crazy forsythia bush is blooming!  We'd clipped it WAY back so we could get around it to do the roofing, and I saw today that the poor scraggly thing has blooms all over.  Crazy days!

Wilma

The result of late rain and warm days, I am sure.  I wish I had a forsythia.  The one I brought with me didn't survive the move and I haven't been back to beg another one.  It has a history.  It had traveled with us from the first place we owned in Severy.  Need to find out if it is still at the last place I lived or if my nephew cleaned it out with the rest of the trees and brush.  Not if his wife caught him.

sixdogsmom

I think these are Asian Ladybugs that were imported several years back in Texas. We have had a couple of winters that they migrated here and wintered. They say not to spray them in the house as they stink. My upstairs kitty likes to catch them when they come out to sun in her south window. Right, they are really thick just now!
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk