Bank Building

Started by W. Gray, October 31, 2007, 03:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Sherri's husband - whose name escapes me right now - was for a short time the police in Moline.

He joined the service and was in Alabama for awhile.
Don't know where he is now, or if he's still in the service.

Wilma

I am sure Janet can tell us the name when she gets on again.  I think he was a part-time deputy for awhile.  He was also a chef and some other things.

DanCookson

I believe that I read where the property taxes are mounting up on that property.  There should be no reason it shouldn't be sold at the upcoming tax auction.  That way it gets into the hands of someone productive and the taxes get caught up on it.

W. Gray

The $15,000 private contributions to place the four-face clock in the Elk County courthouse is jellybeans in comparison to that needed to correctly renovate the bank building. I am also not sure how easily the $15,000 contributions were collected.

If a government entity should take it over, I doubt local citizens could or would want to foot the cost of renovation.

My understanding is that Elk County property taxes went up quite a bit this year.

Any private individual wanting to take over the bank building would have to have deep pockets.
Unless that individual wants to depart from his or her money for the sake of history, they would also have to have some type of economic pay back from their effort to make it worthwhile. I cannot envision what that could be.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

Her ex-husband name is Robert Sotta.  He is in the Army, but I don't know where he is right now.  I haven't had contact for over a year.  Sherri's last name is Moon.  She is quite the drifter.  I'm with Dan.  I would think it would be going up for tax sale one of these days.  Someone could ask the treasurer if it will be on the list.

DanCookson

Waldo-

The person that I heard was interested in it wouldn't have much of an issue with costs.  (if you know what I mean!)

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

In that case, let's do everything possible to find the owner or make sure it will be on a tax sale.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk