Try this out - educational & fun. 24 out of 30 is considered a passing
grade.
Supposedly 96% of all HS seniors FAILED this test. AND, if that's not
bad enough, 50+% of all individuals over 50 did too! And we WONDER why
America's in the shape she's in?

Click on to the link below. Take the test & be surprised at what we don't
know.

<http://games.toast.net/independence/

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Bonnie M.

This is very good, Jo!  I passed, but I do need to brush up on a "few" things!
Bonnie

W. Gray

The answer to the question as to who elects the president torques a number of folks. In fact, those who do not like the answer are the people who believe the constitution is being trampled when a democrat, such as Al Gore, wins the total vote but a Republican wins. Some people still cry about that one.

I do not know how many people I have heard say that Al Gore should be president because he received more votes. When reminded Bush won in accordance with the Constitution, they do not seem to care. 

Fact is, there is no national federal election for anything or anyone. There is only 50 state elections plus a D.C. election. In each of the states, people vote their preference for president. The candidate receiving the most votes wins that state.

Each state has representatives in the Electoral College (Kansas has six) equal to the number of representatives and senators of that state. Sometime after the popular vote, each of those representatives votes for the candidate that won in their state.

The founding fathers were not dummies when they set up the Electoral College. If there were a national popular election, the most populous states would dictate the winner.

There has been about four instances in US history when a losing presidential candidate received more popular votes that the man who became president. Why someone tabulates the national vote is a reasonable question but it has always been done that way.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk