San Diego County is on fire

Started by Bonnie M., October 22, 2007, 08:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

I was away for a little while, and I'm just now seeing your inquiry, Wilma.  The fires today are in the Malibu area.  I did hear something about a fire in the area of Ramona, which is in San Diego County, but I think that one has been taken care of.  We're having "mild" Santa Ana winds, nothing like the ones a month ago when it seemed like the whole county was on fire!  However, there are all kinds of precautions being taken this week-end, having fire fighting equipment and firefighters in positon, ready to do, "just in case."

Thanks for thinking about us!

I see your temperature has warmed up to 42º.   Are you getting any moisture?

My sister in the Dallas area said they're having a "cold, misty day" down that way.

I've baked a batch of good cookies today, and made some "no bake" cookies, to take for refreshments for our Sunday School class in the morning, so we've "pigged out" on "cookies!  Life is good! 
Bonnie

Judy Harder

Quote from: Bonnie M. on November 24, 2007, 03:34:59 PM
I was away for a little while, and I'm just now seeing your inquiry, Wilma.  The fires today are in the Malibu area.  I did hear something about a fire in the area of Ramona, which is in San Diego County, but I think that one has been taken care of.  We're having "mild" Santa Ana winds, nothing like the ones a month ago when it seemed like the whole county was on fire!  However, there are all kinds of precautions being taken this week-end, having fire fighting equipment and firefighters in positon, ready to do, "just in case."

Thanks for thinking about us!

I see your temperature has warmed up to 42º.   Are you getting any moisture?

My sister in the Dallas area said they're having a "cold, misty day" down that way.

I've baked a batch of good cookies today, and made some "no bake" cookies, to take for refreshments for our Sunday School class in the morning, so we've "pigged out" on "cookies!  Life is good! 

Bonnie, we had about an inch of snow this morning. Not sure how much moisture was in it, but it is  gone now and
it was a pretty snow............LOL>..........water was dripping off the roof this afternoon and I just hope this isn't a forecast of the amount of snow we are going to have this winter.
My cabin-fever is already hitting.....and it really isn't winter yet..
Sorry about the fires out your way.Hopefully they will have them put out soon.
Irene Treadway's funeral was this morning.  I didn't attend, but when I was walking the dog they passed me heading out to cemetary....looked like a fair turnout for this kind of weather.

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Bonnie M.

I didn't realize that Irene has passed away.  It always seems more difficult to have a family member die "during the Holidays."

The snow sounded great!
Bonnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk