World Series

Started by Wilma, October 21, 2007, 07:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Looked for a thread to add this to, but couldn't find one, so here goes.

Who is going to win the World Series this year? ???  ;D :o ::) :-\

Bonnie M.

Bonnie

Diane Amberg

Could be, they sure swatted our Phillies.

patyrn

We're rooting for the Rockies here in Oklahoma.  Matt Holliday, one of the rookies on the team who has had a great playoff series. played high school baseball in Stillwater, OK.  Our son played for Bartlesville High School at the same time, and the two schools were in the same league.  The teams met several times a year, so we're familiar with Matt and happy for his accomplishments. 

W. Gray

Matt Holliday, will win the MVP award? Hopefully, Tulowitski will win the Rookie of the Year award.
Likewise, Clint Hurdle should be manager of the year. I remember him as a twenty year old playing for the Kansas City Royals. He made the front cover of Sports Illustrated but sort of fizzled as a player.

I mentioned Dinger the Rockies dinosaur mascot in an earlier thread.

Dinger wears a purplish outfit. Purple is the official color of the Rockies although it would be difficult to tell that since they have taken much of the purple out of their uniforms.

Why purple?  For purple mountains majesty, of course.

I have lived here for almost thirty years and have yet to see a purple mountain, though.

The Rockies have won twenty-one of their last twenty-two games but they have been off for eight days. The first game on Wednesday night in Boston should give some indication.

Forecasts are saying the first game in Denver on Saturday night might be snow. We had four to seven inches yesterday and the temperature this morning is 19.5. This is not your father's World Series. If it goes seven games, it will not be over until November.

Boston came back from being down three to one so anything could happen.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Brrr!  Waldo, that's football weather not baseball weather!  It's a beautiful dry 76.5 here right now.  We're officially on a drought watch though and may see restrictions soon.  But then there is Georgia...those poor people!

Roma Jean Turner

Our temperature has really dropped here.  It is cold and has rained all day.  And I say  Thank you.... God.  A lot of people would love to be having rain today.

Rudy Taylor

What a nice thought, Roma Jean.  Indeed, the folks in Malibu, Calif., would give away their fortunates just to get a
good downpour of rain. Thanks for that reminder. We are blessed.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Bonnie M.

the folks in Malibu, Calif., would give away their fortunates just to get a good downpour of rain.

The folks in San Diego County would love to see some of that rain, also! 

(See, I told you that people outside of this area don't know that the fire in S. D. County has burned well over 100,000 acres, around 275,000 people have been evacuated, and beautiful homes are continuing to burn!  There are at least hundreds of homes that have burned, no one knows how many.)
Bonnie

DanCookson

I am pulling for the Rockies!!

What an awesome end of the season run they have been on.  It was very exciting watching them in the last weekend of the season and the playoff series.

It is really refreshing to see guys playing that really truly enjoy the game.  So many guys for Boston look like it is just a job.  The Rockies players have so much fun!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk