sATURDAY NIGHT IN hOWARD INTHE 40S AND EARLY 50S.

Started by Jody, October 08, 2007, 06:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

nUMBER ONE RULE-  iF YOU WANTED A PARKIMG SPACE, YOU HAD TO GO EARLY!  i MEAN  MAIN STREET AND ALL THE SIDE STREETS.  mOST OF THE YOUNG PEOPLE WENT TO THE SHOW.   dOUBLE FEATURE ON fRIDAY AND sATURDAY!   MOST OF THE STORES WERE OPEN UNTIL  10:30 .   sOME STAYED OPEN UNTIL 12:00-__ THE TOGGERY TWO OR THREE GROCERY STORIES, POOL  HALL OR POOL HALLS THEATER AND THEATER  LUNCH WERE ALL OPEN UNTIL 12: 00 OR LATER!

Jody

One bad thing about my Dad keeping his store open until 12:00 or more on Sat. nightwas that was the only night he knew what time I got homeon Sat night.  This was the only tim,e he knew as the other night s ,he was sound asleep! remember one Saturday night ,Iwas out of high school an d had a WEEKEND GUEST, that my Dad didn't know about[Mary Perrigo], after she moved to ElDorado.  Any it was raining and we  were parked out in th drive way.   It was raining and we had the radio on. I guess my dad had hollared at me several times before I came in.   My Dad was at the front door ready to Give me a big talking to.  Mary came in ,just a few min. after me, " Hello Chris, how are you?"  My Dad said Hello and went to bed.  Saved bby the friend.  Mary and I still laugh about it to this day!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk