Strays

Started by Joanna, October 09, 2007, 06:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Let me tell you how crazy Mother is about cats.  But then again, maybe it was Daddy.  We used to have a gray female cat named Suzy.  Suzy had her kittens in Daddy's dresser drawer one time and one time she had her kittens right on the couch, out where everyone could see her.  She didn't care.  Talk about a spoiled cat. 

Jody

When I first retired ,I started feedin a couple of stray cats.  First thing you know I had a bunch nof regulars,  I even made them a place to sleep, under th  big cedar trees, that were in front of my house.  Eldon bought me a live trap so we could take the females in to get them fixed.  But as luck would have it, I had a momma cat move in.  When the kittens were bigger, they would follow her out to eat an drink.   Iwould go out each time  I saw them and talk to them.  When I thought they were ol enough to be weaned I called PALS to see if they could help me find homes for them. Pals said they would Help. and I was to bring them to them tthe next day.  I gathered them up an made them a home in my bath tub.  Complete with a litter box, bed, food and water.  They were so cut and I spent a lot of time Handling them an talking to them.  Every one was doing realiy except one little black on.   So Ispent a lot of time  with hiim.   They found homes for all of them and I was happy!

Janet Harrington

Oh, Jody.  We can tell you are a cat lover.  Ha ha.  I love cats, too, I just love my dog more.  I love cats too much to subject them to the dog who will kill them the first chance he gets.

Jody

I am a dog lover, too!  Four  poodles and upteen bird dogs.  It is just at this stage in my life, cats are so much easier to take care of!  My neighbor got a new little toy poodle and for about two  seconds I thought  "I sure wold like to hVE ANOTHER POODLE! Then I came to my senses!!!!!!     Cats are so much easier to take care of!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk