Remember ????

Started by Jo McDonald, September 26, 2007, 07:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Ohhhh Myrna....how wonderful.  I have a quilt that is on our bed - The blocks were in the bottom of Mother Mac's (Fred's Mother )
cedar chest when she had to give up her apartment.  The blocks were not set, so I had Helen Hinkle set them for me and then the ladies of the Rebecca Lodge hand quilted them for me into a queen size quilt.  I cherish that quilt - it is made from dresses that Fred's Mother and his Grandmother wore.
  I do not have any of Mama's quilts, but wish that I did.  Quilting day was always a wonderful time that I remember when we were little girls - Jack had to stay home with Daddy, but Helen and I got to go with Mama to "Quilting Day" at some ladies home.  That was so much fun.  We were always taught that little girls were to be seen not heard - I had to abide by that then, but guess it didn't stick, 'cause I can sure run my mouth now.   ::) ::) ::)
  I had a wonderful childhood !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Roma Jean Turner

All these memories are wonderful.  I can see Grandma plain as day in her plaid housedress and apron, almost
always on doing something in the kitchen.  Sugar cookies, cut with a big round glass, yum, yum.  Grandma often hosted
quilting bees, I believe it was her Sunday school class.  I got to play under the quilts if I didn't bother anyone's feet or
talk to much.  I would often have to sing a song or quote a poem for entertainment.

frawin

I still have aprons that Mother and Grandmother made for me when I was waiting tables way back in high school.  Also have one that Amy Rader made for me when I had an apartment at her house.  What a special lady she was.

Myrna

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk