Elk River Festival

Started by Jody, September 20, 2007, 08:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Hi Y'all!

Ok what kind of festivals and stuff go on in elk county!  :) I know the little town here I am moving from have a festival every month for all kinds of things!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

DanCookson

This is a one-time a year festival.  There are some craft booth's that sell different items, a chili cookoff, an Ice-Cream freeze or contest, pancake race, hay bale decorating contest, large parade, kids games, cake walk, pet contest, karoke, and it ends with a large dinner and entertainment.  This year it is the (famous?) Prairie Rose Wranglers!! http://www.prairierosechuckwagon.com/wrangler.htm

It is usually very well organized and attended.  It is very family oriented and there is a little bit of something for everyone.

Teresa

Yep.. Danny's right. It is kinda a laid back event..
I have heard the Prairie Rose Wranglers and they play old time western music.. like campfire songs and just good toe tappin' music.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Sam

My family will be there for a short while.  We plan on watching the parade.  If you see us come by and meet my wife and our baby Drew.

See you there.

Sam

Janet Harrington

Well, Sam.  We will do our best.  You are not hard to pick out in a crowd.

Jody

i SPENT 8 HOURS IN hOWARD SATURDAY.  iT WAS A REALLY GREAT FESTIVAL.  IT WAS GOOD TO SEE THE GOOD TURN OUT!   IKEPT LOOKING FOR SOME ONE I KNEW.  I DO NOT THINK I SAW ANY FORUM MEMBERS. 

Tobina+1

Oh, too bad you didn't find any of us... there were quite a few lurking about the festival on Saturday.  Believe it or not, most of us don't look like computer geeks that spend all this time in a dark room on the computer... well, "SOME" of us, anyway.  (And you wonder why I don't have a picture posted...)  I was actually able to soak up some sun on Saturday sitting at my booth!   8)  Maybe at the next community event we can have an arranged meeting time and place to put faces to the forum names!

patyrn

How did the sales go at your craft booth? 

Janet Harrington

Oh, Jody.  I'm sorry that I didn't see you.  I managed to make the parade, eat at Poplar's, go to the courthouse lawn, and even bought a few things.  Just ask Tobina.  Tobina's little booth was cute with some really cute cards, stationary, letter notebooks, etc.  Loved it.  I even bought something from the step-daughter's food booth.  ha  I saw Sam Blackard and family at the parade.  He has one of the cutest 4 month old boy around.  However; I would pit my great-nephew, Garret, who is also 4 months old, against any baby around.  LOL. 

By the way, Sam, my niece Teresa Gallardo Usry, the mother of Garret, thought she saw you and your family, but she wasn't sure, so she didn't say anything.  She's kind of shy.  Not like Aunt Janet at all.

hhjacobs

;D ::) If you stopped at eceef food booth,for a hamgurger?You may have seen two or three forum people!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk