Elk Manor/Crooked Creek Lodge

Started by LisaT, September 19, 2007, 08:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisaT

As of this evening Stub & Barbara Durbin will be the new owners of the former Elk Manor. The City council accepted an offer from them for it. They plan on turning it into a hunting lodge/ bed & breakfast & Cafe. Yes the Swinging Bridge Cafe will be moved to there. We are so excited to see it become useful again and not sit vacant any longer. So if you see Stub or Barbara give em' your congratulations!!!! They will need it. HAHA
There will be lots of cleanup to do.
;D

Ole Granny

What a great idea!  Good going Barbara and Stub.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Janet Harrington

Mom70x7

Teresa

Oh my gosh... THAT is a big undertaking.. I am so excited for them and for our area too.
We need someplace like that.. And to have the cafe there will be a great.
  Barbara and Stub..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

DanCookson

What an awesome idea!!

I have overheard countless people comment about the lack of a place to stay!!  Good thinking

frawin

That will be great for people coming to the area to visit. I am working on the Howard High Class of 1958 5oth reunion for next Spring and the biggest complaint I get is there is such a limited number of places to stay overnite. I will put something in the next letter I send out about Stub's venture.
Frank Winn

Jody

WHAT GREAT NEWS FOR MOLINE AND ELK COUNTY!

Jo McDonald

WOW !!!   That is wonderful support for all of the surrounding communities.  Something like that has been needed for a LONG LONG TIME in that part of Elk County.

Awesome !!!  GOOD LUCK TO STUB AND BARBARA !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Roma Jean Turner

:DJust talked to my step sister Cynthia Weddle (,Wichita),last night and they are thrilled to hear about this.
We decided we should get all her kids and our friends, rent the rooms and have a reunion of sorts.  This will open
so much for the community.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk