music needed

Started by flo, September 02, 2007, 06:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

help help help - I need the words and music to two songs and in my vast musical library of books, sheet music, CD's, cassette tapes and records, I do not seem to have.  :-\  The music needed is "Magic Moments" that I believe was sung by Perry Como in 1958 and also "Blue Bird Isand" by Hank Snow in the early 50's ?  Any help appreciated.  If you have it and I can borry (found that in the Severy Dictionary) it to copy, let me know.  Great big THANKS in advance.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

flo

thanks, Waldo.  Hope I can remember the tune.  If not, would still appreciate a copy of that.

Mom70x7

Wichita Public Library has a CD with  "Bluebird Island" - I'll pick it up later this week for you.

While I'm there, I'll ask about the Perry Como song. I've got another source I'm checking on as well.

Roma Jean Turner

I can't find the music here either.  I'll e-mail our church pianist and see if he has either one.

I checked on Musicnotes.com, they have the music to Magic Moments.  You can go on their site. They have a free
download software so you can read the music. However the songs are 4.95 a piece.  You can look at it
online, transpose it to any key you want and then down load to your computer and print it out.  They didn't have
Bluebird Island.  You could probably bring it up on the screen and hand copy it real quick perhaps. 

flo

Debbie, I have it on record, but didn't want to have to "pick it out" on the piano.  I can, tho, if I need to.  Thanks

Mom70x7

Then I'll see if they have it in a "Fake" book - the library has gobs of those books.
We use them all the time.
It's usually the melody and chords, though - would that work?

I'm also still checking out another source.

flo

fake book would work.  I'm good at faking it  ;D - I can make up my own music if I have the words and melody

Mom70x7

In yesterday's Independence Reporter:

Valens to perform in Fredonia

Frankie Valens, the pop singer from the late 1960s and early 1970s, will perform Saturday, Sept. 29 at 7 pm at the First Southern Baptist Church, 502 N 8th, Fredonia.

Valens, whose signature song is "This Magic Moment," has toured throughout the United States and Canada and was a showcase performer in Las Vegas. He recorded such hits as "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" and "She Cries."

He played small roles in moves and recently shared the stage with The Byrds, The Platters and The Boxtops.

Valens and his wife, Phyliss, travel the country performing at concert halls, churches, State Fairs, prisons and wherever they have the opportunity to share their music.

Tickets are not required and a free will offering will be taken.

For more information call (620) 378-3191 or (620) 714-0811.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk