How was your day?

Started by Joanna, August 26, 2007, 05:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

I hope you and your Lab friend get to feeling better soon. 
Bonnie

Kjell H.

Hi everyone,

I am sitting in a hotel room in Norfolk, Virginia. Just finished 2 days of filming at the Blackwater Training facility. Weather has been good but cold.

One challenge left to do and that is to get home tomorrow. Airports on the east coast are a pain. Lost a flight when I flew over here and had to be on standby in Atlanta. I hope I won't experience that tomorrow.

Marshal Halloway

Jo McDonald

Hi Son,
Just logged on here and saw that you had posted.  I hope you have a safe journey home, and your flight is on time.  Russ got here Thursday and he has been here every day for a while, but goes back to his resort by mid afternoon - as he won't drive in the dark.  He is fine and enjoying this nice warm weather we are having -- up in the 70's.
  Safe travels to you.
Much love,
Mom and Dad
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Bonnie M.

Hi, Jo,
So, is Russ going to spend the rest of the winter months close to where you and Fred are?  That's great to have him down there.  Tell him "Hello."

And, Kjell, I, too, hope that your flight home is a good one.  Flying during the winter months is always "iffy!"  (That's probably not really a word!)

Bonnie

Roma Jean Turner

Safe travels Kjell!!    Thanks for everyone for the comforting words. I appreciate it.

Diane Amberg

Roma Jean, you take it easy. I assume you have viral pneumonia. You must rest!!!! Do whatever the Doc. said. Drink plenty of warm liquids to keep the gunk thin. I assume it's just in one lung? And take care of your sweet dog too. You can take care of each other. ;)

Jo McDonald

Roma Jean -- by this time, I do hope you are feeling much better and your companion iis also happy to his his "Mama" better.
Diane---- I want to tell you that your medicial advise on this forum is wonderful.  Warm liquids????Golly, I didn't know about "warm"  I just thought "liquid".....But I personally love WARM.  You are soooooooo sharing.  THANKS !!!

Jo McDonald

Well, good grief ~~~~I just re-read my post and if that isn't a mess of words, I will throw in with you.  The iis  should be just  is  and then the two "HIS" should only be one ---- SOOOOOOOOOO happy campers, if you can figure it out -- then HOORAY!!!   if not~~~~~`SORRY !!!   That is just the way the cookie crumbles, I guess...........  Now --- on with the show.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Roma Jean Turner

The dog's ear looks much better today and she has enjoyed the warm weather here.  I am doing a Z pack, drinking lots of liquids, teas, etc and have done nothing but lay around on the couch and sleep and watch TV.  The little dog's have been like little hens nesting in my covers and watching over me.  Yes, Diane, the pneumonia is in the left upper lung, so is much milder, at least to me than some of the pneumoia I have had in the past.  Glad I went and caught this early.  Thanks for thinking of me and my Maya dog.

Joanna

Well it certainly is good to hear that you're feeling better, Roma.  My nephew spent most of Saturday in the hospital, and my sister (his mom) today.  Flu like stuff, dehydration & all that nasty business.  Sissy got several bottles of fluid pumped into her before they'd let her go home tonight around 7, and hopefully she'll have a restful night.  My folks are keeping tabs on both of them, so I'm sure they're following Doctor's orders.

We had a pretty lazy day around here.  Marty and Clay hauled all the Christmas decorations into storage, then put the finishing ties on the dog run Clay put together for me earlier this week.  Now when our grandpuppy, Stoney, comes to visit, he can spend more time outdoors.  He loves running around free (can't do that in downtown Manhattan) but we don't want him to get carried away and get lost or in trouble.  And his big-little brother Bear can't be trusted off the leash at all.

I spent the day scanning photo album pages into the computer.  I got from 1982 to 1987 yesterday, but today only got from 1988 through 1990.  I still have the next 18 years, then the really old stuff to do too from Marty's family history on both sides; and then will go get my folks' albums and do them.  Looks like I'll be at it for several more weeks at this rate, but I want them ALL!  Yep, I'm that kind of person, I want complete sets in order by date, labeled & alphabetized.  My friend calls this a Type A personality.  Much nicer description than some other's I've heard.  ::) :P  ;D ;D

Hope you are all ready to have a great week.  Only 4 more weeks till Ground Hog Day!  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk