How was your day?

Started by Joanna, August 26, 2007, 05:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

Quote from: indygal on December 09, 2007, 07:59:16 AM... I especially love the big shiny star they put on the graduation caps...

Yep.  Only specially great graduates get that shiny star!

Jo McDonald

WOW !!  How wonderful for all of you - and next will be the daughter-in-law.  That is a super accomplishment for your whole family, Joanna.  And when I viewed the picture - I thought " what a great Christmas gift "  - never even gave a thought that the Shiny Star was on top of his head.  lol 
   My day has been sort of ho-hum --- but each day that I am blessed with waking up and feeling super good is enough for me.

Talked to friends in Minnesota and it is brrrr cold up there - then talked to Teresa and it is BrBr cold in Howard as well. 
I feel guilty ( wellllll  not really ) but it is very warm here in south Texas.  and this humidity is not my favorite thing every day, but my nose is warm.    :D :D :D :D
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

Quote from: frawin on December 08, 2007, 06:13:41 PM
we drove in to Lila's at Piedmont for lunch.  She had pan fried chicken and it seemed to be very popular as they ran out before 12:30. 
Myrna

Lila's pan fried chicken is the best.  You lucky things.

Diane Amberg

Today was another drizzly, chilly day here, with little sun. There was some tricky black ice this morning. I watched a little mummery rehearsal on our local TV station. It looks like there may be a bit of rain early tomorrow, but then clear and upper 40s in Philadelphia for the huge Mummers parade.  New Castle County has it's "First Night" family carnival on the streets of Wilmington tonight, and little Middletown (10,000) has its "Hummers" Parade tomorrow, a really funny send up of the mummers. (They even have the "ladies marching lawn chair brigade.") By the way, the little Middletown High School Marching Band, all 85 of them, are going to the Orange Bowl. They'll get to see KU play Va.Tech. That is so great!  A I du Pont High School, all 200+ of them, are in Pasadena for their 5th Rose Bowl Parade appearance. That's pretty good for a tiny little state. We'll watch the ball drop tonight, if we can stay awake.

frawin

We had a good day Sunday, left home early, picked up one of Frank's brothers and sister-in-law and drove on to Wichita.  There we met two of his nieces and husbands and his sister Anita for lunch to celebrate her 91st birthday.  After lunch, we went back to the home where she stays for cake and ice cream and watched her open her gifts.  Of course, there was lots of visiting and picture taking.  She looked very good and seemed to enjoy the day and was glad to see her brothers!  We then drove on to another location and visited Frank's sister-in-law Louise for a short time before heading back home.   It was a great day and we were glad to be a part of her birthday.

Yesterday, we worked here at the house, yes we are still unpacking and trying to get things like we want them.  Then went to eat Mexican food at the Montery Restaurant.  Sure tasted good and hit the spot as it was quite cold last night.  May do some more work and watch a little of the football games, etc. today.

Happy New Year to all

Myrna

Ole Granny

Thanks for the update on Anita.  I haven't heard anything about her for several years.  I use to run into her occasionally.  Heard Genevieve's voice in Dillon's one day, turned around immediately recognizing her voice.  I had not seen her since we were kids.  Believe she is several  years younger.  Memories are flowing. Glad you had a pleasant day.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

greatguns

My day is absolutely beautiful.  As I sit here watching a little football it is 58 degrees outside which makes me think I will get off here and go outside and enjoy the wonderful weather some more.  Have a good one.

Roma Jean Turner

It is so nice to have a warmer day today. I needed the break.  Last night my lab woke me up crying and  shaking her head constantly.  The left ear was real red, so took her to the ER vet in the middle of the night for shot's, meds, etc. Got home at 3:00 am. I have been dealing with some congestion etc since Christmas and was going to wait until Monday to go to the walkin clinic, of course, hoping it would just go away.   My little voice in the head told me to go today, and I have pneumonia.  Sure glad I listened to the little voice.  So the dogs and I will hopefully have a quiet, lay on the couch Sunday.

sixdogsmom

Well, bless your hearts! Hope you both get to feeling beetter really fast!
Edie

greatguns

Roma do take care of yourself.  Hope you and your Lab get better fast.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk