How was your day?

Started by Joanna, August 26, 2007, 05:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Wilma, it's so nice that you got to see an eagle. Ours were almost eliminated years ago because of DDT, but they have made a great comeback here. We have several nesting pairs near here that come swooping through occasionally. Aren't they beautiful?

Wilma

It is still such a treat to see a bald eagle around here.  I will never forget the day that the Winfield Lake was surrounded by hundreds of eagles that had come this far south for food because the north was frozen solid.  We were on our way over here that morning and couldn't believe what we were seeing.  It was so amazing that I didn't even think of the small camera that I always carried in my purse.  I so wish I had thought to take some pictures.

Diane Amberg

I see nobody is talking about the big football game yesterday. I wish the Jay Hawks had gotten going a little sooner. The poor field goal kicker must have really been dissapointed. Ok, now what....will you root for Oklahoma or the Tigers? Will you look east or south? ;D

Bonnie M.

I think I'll probably be rooting for Oklahoma!  We have always felt a "kinship" with everything and everyone in Oklahoma!  But, Missouri certainly played well, in defeating Kansas.  So, I think I'll just have to say "may the best team win!"  (And, they will!)
Bonnie

patyrn

Since we live in Sooner Country and our boys both went to college there, we will be rooting for OU on Saturday.  They are a good bunch of kids and have been good examples of upstanding college athletes.  We beat Missouri early in the season, but this will probably be a tougher road to victory.  Missouri did a great job against KU yesterday, although the Jayhawks made a great recovery in the second half.  Too little too late though................................

Roma Jean Turner

Boy, do I feel out of the loop.  I didn't watch one football game.  I did take five days off in a row, which is very rare, and just enjoyed being at home.  I didn't go to anything I was invited to, but did treat myself to whatever I wanted and just had a great little vacation.  I think I'll do this more often. 

Jo McDonald

WOW   what a wonderful thing to do...Maybe you have started a "Be Kind to yourself" mini vacation.  I like the idea !!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Narvous

Quote from: Teresa on September 06, 2007, 10:09:34 AM
Quote from: Rudy Taylor on September 06, 2007, 04:43:25 AM
Why, you old girls should be ashamed of yourselves!

OLD??!!??

Bite your tongue Mister and get ready to draw~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Those are fightin' words!

Narvous
Cowboy on the Rockin H

Diane Amberg

It was a cold, wet, sleety day here and I spent a good piece of it doing name tags and working on craft stuff for our fire fighters' kids' Christmas party next Sunday afternoon.  Yes, we call it a Christmas party, with a Christmas tree and everything.  We'll have people of several religions there and probably a few atheists too.  Our feeling is that nobody ever died of hearing a few Christmas songs.  We'll have 5 big tables of crafts for the children to do, songs, and Santa arriving in a sleigh to the tune of "Here Comes Santa Claus."  One of our guys is a professional photographer and takes Santa photos for anyone who wants them.  Of course we have to have a good pig out too, so we'll have pizza, cotton candy, cookies and ice cream....talk about a sugar high!  ;D  We'll fill goody bags and set up the kids' tree next Wednesday at the hall.  Lots of work, but well worth it.  As the kids get too old for it, they often ask to come back as helpers. Usually I can set up the crafts tables and just get out of the way. Any of you that might have simple craft ideas, please share, I've already started planning for next year.

Tobina+1

Sounds like everyone is getting in the holiday spirit!  I had some "elves" help me decorate this year; my mom, sister, and brother's girlfriend helped decorate the day after Thanksgiving while the guys were watching football.  It was fun to have the company and nice to have the help.  My tree is a little 5' rustic one that we've decorated with ornaments we've received from family and friends.  I only have one ornament on it that we purchased; a little wood lobster we bought on our honeymoon in Key West.
I enjoy decorating for Christmas, but I also have "winter" decorations.  I love snowflakes, so I keep all my snowmen and snowflakes up until the warmth of spring inspires me to take them down.
This weekend, I finally found time to start on my Christmas cards.  I hand-stamp them, so it's usually a labor of love that takes a few days.  Stamping them is the fun part; I always have a harder time actually addressing them!
I hope everyone has a safe and blessed Christmas season!  Be careful doing all your shopping, wherever you roam.

P.S.  Did you know that in larger cities, some of the lawn care and landscaping companies are doing outdoor holiday decorating to help with the winter cash flow slump?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk