Need Identification

Started by Janet Harrington, August 24, 2007, 08:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Mother asked me to post a couple of pictures and see if anyone has any idea what the name of this bush is.  Your help is so appreciated.

Dee Gee

I believe it is a mimosa tree.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Wilma

I know what mimosa trees look like as I lived among them for 26 years.  This isn't a mimosa.  I wish it were.  I don't have any now.

W. Gray

I think it is a George.

Good Night.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Dee Gee

Which one George W.  or George H. W. ?
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Wilma

I don't think I want either one in my back yard.  But you might be closer than you think.  The closest we could come from what we could find in books and internet was mesquite, but it isn't quite a match.  Could you work on that a bit?

frawin

Mesquite is the official tree of West Texas, it has totally engulfed West Texas and New Mexico and is moving North. I would say this is Mesquite, it has the Beans and the Thorns, it appears.
Frank

Wilma

I didn't think we were in mesquite territory but then, we didn't used to be in armadillo territory either.

frawin

Wilma, it is in Central Oklahoma . My Guess is that someone planted this in the area there. The Ranchers here tell me it came from Old Mexico with the Cattle Drives from there and as the Cattle eat the Beans the beans were in the droppings and moved North in that way plus birds carrying them. It is had to control.
Frank

Jo McDonald

Just goes to prover "What a whole lot of S--- " that is spread,  will do to this country

Sorry just could not resist --- my fingers over ruled my good sense.

I too think it is a mesquite
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk