Charles Flaiz

Started by Wilma, August 20, 2007, 09:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I am not sure where this should be so I will put it here.  For those of you who know Charles Flaiz of Severy, long time post master.  I just learned that he has broken a hip.  I didn't ask any questions as we were on long distance on the other person's nickel.  Perhaps Marcie can tell us more.

Marcia Moore

Charlie broke his leg while trying to load a lawn mower.  (I think Charlie is 92 yrs. old).  If anyone wants to send him a card, he is now at Lakepoint Nursing & Rehabilitation Center; 901 Lakepoint Drive; Augusta, KS 67010.

flo

thank you for posting this.  I will get the information to Aunt Vola. We and Chick are not related, but relation to relation, if you know what I mean.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

And for those who don't know, Flo did not mispell Chuck.  Charles Flaiz was always called Chick.  I know not why.

Janet Harrington

Well, I'll send him a card.  Once in awhile he would drive down to Toot's for breakfast.  That was when I was unemployed.

frawin

I'm sorry to hear about Chick.  I'll get a card off to him.  His wife was a Gilbert and we have been family friends for years.
mlw

Rudy Taylor

Now this is darn nice.

You Elk Countians really know how to show compassion and love for others. 
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Wilma

Well, Rudy, haven't you just been flooded with love and compassion since you joined us?

Marcia Moore

I talked to Charlie's daughter, Sue Hurt, today.  She said her dad will be in rehab for another four weeks or so.  He is able to walk some with a walker now.  He is determined to get well so he can come back home.  I asked Sue how he acquired the the nickname, "Chick," and she does not know.  She is going to ask him and get back with me. 

Janet Harrington

Mom70X7,  Mr and Mrs Flaiz and family used to belong to the Methodist Church in Severy and I'm assuming he still goes there.  Think we could place him on the prayer list for Sunday?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk