Frogsicle

Started by W. Gray, August 19, 2007, 09:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Kermit might not have the ability to do this.

There is a northern wood frog around the Arctic Circle that freezes rock solid for several months during the winter.

There is no heartbeat and no breathing over that time.

The frog thaws out the next summer and resumes life in a celebratory manner by immediately looking for a mate.

Apparently, there is a species of caterpillar, some insects, and a turtle that have the same type of freeze and thaw lifestyle.

The frog gives the outward appearance of being froze rock solid but inside vital organs are kept soft with an antifreeze of some sort.

Someone should have told Ted Williams.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

kdfrawg

It is nice, for me, to know that Ted Williams has reason to be envious of a frog.

;D

Rudy Taylor

My first thought was Hillary.

Maybe we could freeze her.

Just ... freeze her.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

I thought she was already frozen. ;)

Judy Harder

this did get a chuckle out of me.  Thanks Rudy..........I needed one.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

emptynest

Is this where we do Hillary jokes?   IF so, I have some good ones.

W. Gray

Go ahead and have at it. I have some things I wanted to interject about Hillary but decided not to.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Mom70x7

scootch on over to politics and have it - let's keep the coffee shop clean.

:D

Jo McDonald

This morning, we had a little shower and Fred was outside doing his daily "raking of the leaves" and he called to me and there was this cute, tiny frog on the patio -- and I said "Oh, it is Kermit -- but I thought he would be bigger" 
Fred looked at me as if I had six heads.. rolled his eyes and went on raking leaves.
  Kermit -- just SO  glad you stopped by for a minute.  Sorry you couldn't stay longer.  Maybe next time.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kdfrawg

I usually think of myself as a tree frawg. So I am generally fairly small when I'm playing frawgie. But it sure is easy to hide! So I hardly ever have to use my secret weapons.

;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk