Tropical Storm Erin

Started by giester2, August 15, 2007, 12:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

There is a post somewhere on this site about the Elk Co, alligator.  Probably at least a month or more ago.

Ms Bear

DeAnne, I am about 30 miles north of Houston at Cleveland and work at Porter so I will get the rain too, lots of fun to drive in. ha-ha.  Parts of my yard still haven't dried completely from all the rain earlier and I don't think I will ever get it all mowed at one time again.  I usually am okay driving to work until I pull of the freeway and try to go under the overpass, this seems to be where the worst high water is.

Pat

frawin

We are in the Briar Forest part of Houston and it is absolutely pouring buckets full and has been since in the wee hours of this A.M.  It is dark as night out there right now. 

mlw

giester2

I live in SW Houston (Alief) and yeah the lightning show this morning was awesome...The flashes actually woke me up   

I found this site a couple of weeks ago...it gives rain measurements all over houston...

http://maps.hcoem.org/hcrainfall.php?step=1&drpIncrem=d
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

Diane Amberg

Your map is very interesting. It looks like some areas got more than 4 inches in 12 hours. That's a good bit. Does that cause flooding or will that run off? 

giester2

we have a pretty good drainage system in most of the city.  there are a few spots that do flood on a regular basis, but even they drain off within hours of the rain stopping.   The worst flooding I have ever seen in Houston was with Tropical Storm Allison in 2001.  The Northside of Houston received 32 inches of rain in a 24-30 hr period. 

giester2

live streaming video of rain and some flooding     at    www.ktrk.com  .. they are reporting that some areas received 4 inches in one hour

Ole Granny

We'll be thinking of you.  Keep your pant legs rolled up.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Leonardcrl

An observation from San Antonio.

According to NOAA radar Erin has just passed San Antonio - Heading West. 
The rain just stopped at my apartment complex 5 minutes ago and the sky is clearing.
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

Diane Amberg

Good! Was the rain you got useful, or too much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk