Road Addresses

Started by W. Gray, August 07, 2007, 08:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Teresa on August 13, 2007, 05:57:27 PM
she was back to her goofy self..( we were suuuuure glad)  ;)

Yep, that me.  Goofy.

Joanna

Janet Harrington

You know, if traffic gets too bad, we might have to put one of those stupid highway things like Florence has, a go around or a turn around or whatever they call it, we might have to put one out on 99.  They are going to build one at Fredonia.  What ever they are called, they supposedly keep accidents down.  What they do to me is send me the wrong way.

Wilma

That was the navigator's fault, too.  She hadn't seen one before.

flo

they have one of those circles at Newton and it is absolutely DUMB in my opinion, which isn't worth much at the moment.  It does bring to mind the Griswalds in Paris, however.  ;D ;D ;D

(I modified the is to isn't  :-[)
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

Lawrence is now full of traffic circles. Not only do they slow down traffic, they fairly frequently stop it. You know, those cars that hit other cars, and especially the ones that just go straight. Traffic circles that small are pointless. Ask the folks who have to drive fire trucks through them.

Leonardcrl

Re: Current County Maps.

For those of you who have broadband and have Google Maps (they are free)  check out this link.
LINK

You can move around the view around to any area you are interested in and zoom in and out.  The road names and number will come in when you zoom into 1 mile or less. 

For your information the road data that Google uses for map is supplied by NAVTEQ.  They supply supply the road data for almost all the car navigation systems and handheld navigation systems except for the Tom Tom device.  I have a navigator in my Acura and when I was back in the area in May and it was absolutely flawless for Elk County.  My data is a 2003 version and it was not too accurate for the new build areas around Wichita.  Basically if your road was open in before 2003 it was on my dashboard display.

regards
-=crl=-
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

kdfrawg

I drove Acura 3.2TL's for several years. Their maps were actually pretty darned good if they had coverage at all. They actually seemed to have all the country roads, although they missed a lot of the smaller cities. However, Delorme mapping software, a GPS device, and a laptop have absolutely everything.

:)

Teresa

Fixed the link for you Leonard.. ;D

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Leonardcrl

Quote from: Janet Harrington on August 08, 2007, 06:30:31 PM
About 5 of us sat in the appraiser's office one day and came up with the names for our roads. 

Janet:  I wish to add my congratulations to a job well done. 

I have never been back in Elk County long enough to appreciate the resulting rural addresses.  However my ancient
Bachelors from KU is in geography and I spent an large part of my time in graduate level cartographic work. 
The toughest nuts to crack in that work was always - "where something is at".  So I can appreciate the job you and
the other four members of the working group(?) accomplished. 

I can also vouch for the fact that it's success is a very rare event.  You and your colleagues should be honored and recognized. 

I am sure guru's who study small group dynamics will be severely depressed when they discover they missed this opportunity. :'(

Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk