Kansas High Spots

Started by W. Gray, August 05, 2007, 09:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

Hey, when you labor in a world of words, you've got to do something entertaining with them.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

You are very successful in the entertainment part.

Teresa

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 07, 2007, 12:29:45 PM
  You are very successful in the the entertainment part.

Like a monkey and an organ grinder..
sighhhhhhhhhh ::)

;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

Diane Amberg

I thought about it, but I'm not quite that brave.

Rudy Taylor

Hey, the girls I go with say I'm a grinder!

(please don't tell Kathy I said that)
It truly is "a wonderful life."

flo

>:( spent an hour reading this new topic, spent 30 minutes typing a reply concerning my search for Cherokee ancestors of my late Mother-in-law, together with looking up facts to be sure I was posting the right information, the hit the wrong button and POOOOFFFFF.  Maybe I'll do it again sometime, but not right now.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

W. Gray

I have sent an Email to the head of the Kansas Geological Survey asking about Osage Cuestas at 1,411 feet being the highest point in Elk County, but northwest Elk having much higher elevations, etc.

It would seem the commercial companies are getting this information from official Kansas sources.

I would hope he is in the habit of responding to his Email.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

Quote from: flo on August 08, 2007, 10:35:00 AM
>:( spent an hour reading this new topic, spent 30 minutes typing a reply concerning my search for Cherokee ancestors of my late Mother-in-law, together with looking up facts to be sure I was posting the right information, the hit the wrong button and POOOOFFFFF.  Maybe I'll do it again sometime, but not right now.

Flo.. sometimes if you don't panic.. you can hit your back button arrow and it will take you back to your post.. I have done that more than a few times..

Then again.. sometimes it doesn't.. but it has saved my butt more times that I care to mention..
If I am typing something like that and it is real long and I want to put it on the foru,.. you might use "notebook " or just a fresh e-mail.. then highlight it all and copy and then paste it in a new post.

Just a suggestion.
I am sorry that you lost all of it. :(
I don't think there is anything more maddening or making me sick to my stomach as to be working on something huge and important..and have my computer lock up... or suddenly become possessed with computer demons and blip out.. with all of my stuff gone.! >:( :'(
I have learned to push that "save" button a whole lot when I am working.. LOL  ;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

< nod, nod >

The editor is not exactly the stablest thing. I imagine that they are working on it. After the second time it happened to me, I got  so I write all my posts in a text editor and copy and paste them in the posting window. If it is of any help, it seems that it happens  mainly after you have clicked somewhere outside the big text box, them put the caret back into the text and start typing somewhere in the middle of the message to add something. Then it acts like one of the first keys that you hit was "Alt" or "Window" and it takes an action based on the "Alt" or "Window" code of the next key you hit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk