Made in America

Started by kfclark, August 03, 2007, 12:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

three cheers for Northwest Metal Products.  Do any of you watch the TV show "Made In America"?  Think it's on the travel channel.  It is interesting and there are still lots of things made in america, it's just that seems like so much more is imported.  Course, one thing made in america that won't be sent overseas is ME !  :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

sixdogsmom

Environmental laws have affected production here in the states also. Many things are produced overseas because they cannot be produced here; we buy them even though we will have to deal with the environmental fallout sooner or later. I retired from the integrated circuit industry, everything that we tested was produced overseas for that reason. We really must accept responsibility for our own economy.
Edie

kdfrawg

It appears that the folks that make these decisions cannot understand that "take responsibility for your actions" and "cheaper" are concepts that have differing priorities. So they gladly abandon the former and worship the latter. It is a very simple equation in which ethics loses to greed, every time, in American business at the corporate level. All that seems important to them is this money, right here, today, and to the devil with all of the tomorrows.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk