Polls that make no difference to anyone .

Started by Teresa, July 30, 2007, 12:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was the last book you read..

Sci-fi
3 (10%)
Horror
3 (10%)
Mystery
7 (23.3%)
Nonfiction
11 (36.7%)
A manual
2 (6.7%)
Romance
3 (10%)
Online book
0 (0%)
Don't read
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: August 03, 2007, 12:05:05 AM

dandymomma

Thank you for the compliment Jo.

My favorite SK novel is Misery, but I'm kind of wierd that way. Yes, Dolores Claiborne was VERY good too. Have you read the Dark Tower series?

Ole Granny

"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

sixdogsmom

I am reading Wolves Of The Calla right now, and have Song Of Susannah waiting in the wings. My reading time is cut short these days---I keep falling asleep! LOL! I liked Misery very much also, I particularly thought Kathy Bates did a great job in the movie. Usually books are a disappointment when filmed, but this was an exception to the rule in my opinion. BTW, the hard to find werewolf book that was an early SK title is available through the SE Kansas library system, I think the title is Silver Bullet. Great read, and the T.V. movie was good also. I did not care much for the volumes he wrot when he collaboated with Peter Straub, the cocain showed I think.
Edie

dandymomma

Silver Bullet is correct, and yes, it is very hard to find.

Yeah, I had a really hard time getting through The Tailsman, and I have already forgotten most of Black House.

I had a hard time getting into Tommyknockers as well.

sixdogsmom

Thinner is a great example of being careful what you wish for, you mightg get it! LOL! It was a great story though. I am currently starting The Colorado Kid, it is a good read so far.
Edie

Diane Amberg

Ok, I stopped at the Bookateria and picked up Misery and Thinner because you guys recommended them.  Should enjoy them  if you all did.

Jo McDonald

*******LISTEN UP ALL YOU FORUM READERS******

I am reading LIGHT ON MAIN STREET       yipppppeeeeeeee !!!!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

dandymomma

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 03, 2007, 12:56:53 PM
Ok, I stopped at the Bookateria and picked up Misery and Thinner because you guys recommended them.  Should enjoy them  if you all did.

I would also recommend "Skeleton Crew". It's a collection of short stories. My favorites in that collection are The Mist, Mrs. Todd's Shortcut, The Raft, and The Word Processor of the Gods.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk