Breast Cancer Awareness

Started by sixdogsmom, October 21, 2011, 11:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Jennifer, what is the BRCA test?

Diane Amberg

Believe it or not, Al did have a mammogram because he found a lump that was  later removed but benign. Because his great grandmother, grandmother, mother and sister had it he had to have the test.  So far his sister is the only one to have survived it.

Ms Bear

I was surprised at the ratio of men that have breast cancer and sadly it usually isn't detected until too late.

Judy Harder

This man died of old age, but you of a generation remember Corbert Troutman...? He had brest cancer. They did not treat him, and I will admit that I was not his aide, but men do get it and since they never NEVER NEVER think about their own breast cancer Or testicular or cancer in general this gender is slack about getting any kind of tests until it is harder to deal with.
I hate cancer..........and I would win a bet in that each of us can name a relative, friend, neighbor, enemy, someone we know who is dealing with cancer and the aftermath of the same.
IT IS NOT A FRIENDLY DISEASE!
Get tested..................Someone asked me why I thought this was so, and I commented I think it is due to the progress and all the polutants and fastness of our lives...........We all have cancer cells in our genes, but some get skipped and others don't.
No, I do not have any answers, just wondering in type and since I am a cancer survivor, I am very aware of all of this.
GET TESTED. It is uncomfortable for some, the bigger the breast and the more denser then the pressure may be there. Just think of the uncomfortable chemo therapy and radiation and illlness is. No comparison!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

kshillbillys

Janet:

A breast cancer (BRCA) gene test is a blood test to check for specific changes (mutations) in genes that help control normal cell growth. Finding changes in these genes, called BRCA1 and BRCA2, can help determine your chance of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer. A BRCA gene test does not test for cancer itself. This test is only done for people with a strong family history of breast cancer or ovarian cancer, and sometimes for those who already have one of these diseases. Genetic counseling before and after a BRCA test is very important to help you understand the benefits, risks, and possible outcomes of the test. you can read more at: http://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/breast-cancer-brca-gene-test

Breast and Ovarian are the two cancers that my mother has either had or is still fighting so we thought maybe we should just check this test out!---Jen
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk