Lila's Cafe in Piedmont

Started by Rudy Taylor, July 31, 2007, 06:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

Florene, I was just kidding.
Frank

kdfrawg

Flo, if I can get to Popular Pizza, I may well bring a cot.

;D

Diane Amberg

Did Flo say she ate fried burro?  Not pit cooked?

kdfrawg

She said it was a large one, too.

;D

W. Gray

Rather than Popular Pizza, the appropriate name is Poplar Pizza.

I don't know how that name came about but my understanding is that it originated in Buffalo, New York, and the owners moved to Howard recreating their place. They were from Howard or vicinity originally. I have heard them say, that no they are not in the witness protection program.

They have recently added a branch in Andover, Kansas.

We usually patronize Poplar Pizza for carry out of their sub sandwiches. We try to make it to Swinging Bridge Cafe in Moline each time we visit, but we also patronize Toots and use to patronize Curly Q in Moline.

The owner of the month club cafe, that is, Elk Falls Cafe, is another palace we go. The last owners might have failed because they did not offer a burger. Hopefully, the new owner will. Nevertheless, that place is well hidden several blocks off the main road in what is essentially a self-proclaimed ghost town. A ghost town that features an annual out house tour.

I suspect we will head for Lila's on our next visit and give it a try.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

flo

Quote from: frawin on August 03, 2007, 02:38:58 PM
Florene, I was just kidding.
Frank

so was I, Frank, really being a little catty, I was  :-[

flo

Waldo, Steve Edwards has taken over the Elk Falls Cafe again for his BBQ - I've heard talk that his is really good, however have not had any over the years that I've heard of it.  First time I've heard it called Owner of the Month Cafe - that describes it pretty well I'm thinking. Enjoy the Swinging Bridge Cafe at Moline once in a while, also.  We're having meat supreme pizza from Poplar Pizza tonite and I can hardly wait.  Marvin is to call when he gets in from the hayfield and I will call Poplar Pizza and order.  By the time he showers and drives it, it will be about ready and he can pick it up, come on to my house and we shall enjoy and I promise to think of you folks with every bite I take.  ;D

greatguns

Yes, Latham has a place to eat.  The Latham Saloon.  The food is good and they serve a pretty mean steak on Saturday Nights.

Unless Steve has lost his touch, his barbeque is pretty yummy.  I think much better than his sisters.

emptynest

Steve can do some pretty mean barb-b-que, but then I am prejudiced because he is my nephew by marriage.  Onery as the day is long.  And if Carmen gets involved---some of their fried tacos will make you a believer also.  The couple just plain knows how to cook and live the simple life.  I am proud that they are part of my fam damily! ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk