Lila's Cafe in Piedmont

Started by Rudy Taylor, July 31, 2007, 06:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

Next time I journey to Wichita, I'll eat at Lila's.

flo

Quote from: frawin on August 02, 2007, 06:15:34 PM
We stop at Lila's and eat there whenever we are in the area and another plus is there is always a good parking spot close. The food is always great and you always run into someone that you know.
Frank

parking spot close?  If you can't find one along the curb you can park in the middle of the street.  How many towns still carry on that tradition???
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

Yikes, I'm sure getting hungry over here. Between Lilas and Toots, I'd probably have to drive back and forth several time in order to choose a favorite!

;)

Rudy Taylor

OK, you guys just cleared up something for me. While I was eating at Lila's, somebody drove up outside and parked right in the middle of the street --- and this isn't a big wide Main Street like Howard's. It's more like a county highway.  But there it was ... this car park rather cockeyed right in the middle of the street. I told my wife about it when I got home and remarked, "I think a drunk must have stopped his car in the middle of Piedmont and he just left it there.!"

Now, wasn't that snotty of me?  So, now that I know the rules, I just may park my pickup in the middle of the avenue next time I visit Lila's.

So, where's the next stop?  Is there a cafe in Latham?

It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

LOL! A man after my own heart. I am always pretty interested in where my next meal is coming from and what it might be. A lot of the time, it's the basic stuff that really matters.

;)

Jane

I love grease hamburgers myself every once and a while, but a good for you sandwich is the Turkey Club Sub at Poplur Pizza. I have yet to find a place in Topeka or Lawrence that mades one like they do. (I know it has to be the bacon)
Army Mom

kdfrawg

It seems to me that Popular Pizza makes a lot more than pizza. In fact, it sounds like quite a place.

Jane

The name is deceiving as they make more down home food. They have a pork chop with gravy and mash tators that is great.
Army Mom

flo

that would be called a Porterhouse PorkChop and is at least an inch thick or larger and comes from a BIG hog - they make a pretty mean Steak Supreme Sandwich that Marvin and I like.  He was the full size and I have the half size.  Kermit, they have everything from cat fish to sandwiches, to fried chicken to just a single slice of pizza.  Never gotten anything in there yet that wasn't good.  I even went outside my usual order and had a fried burrito the other night.  Little too big, but ate most of it.  Rudy, if you park in the middle of the street in Piedmont, be sure to park catty-wompus.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

Rudy, be careful how you park as the Piedmont Police watch out of towners pretty close.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk