Light on Main Street, by Rudy Taylor

Started by Kjell H., July 31, 2007, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Hey, Kermit...ya want to laugh at me again?  When I was teaching an EMT class, we were talking about the drugs the paramedics use, and Epipens and such, and my mouth took off on its own and I said "hypodemic nerdle."  I turned about as red as anyone could. I broke down laughing so hard, I started coughing and couldn't talk. To this day I avoid using that word, and use "needles''or "syringes" for fear I'll screw it up again.   

kdfrawg

Isn't it odd how some words just won't come out straight? I think most people have at least one. I believe that I have outgrown mine, but with my lisp you can't exactly call my diction good. One word that seems to give a lot of people difficulty is "linoleum." I can't tell you how many people I have known that wound up settling for "loleum."

;)

Janet Harrington

I just want to share that I have written a check for Rudy's book and will mail it tomorrow, so, I too, can enjoy the book from my friend, Rudy Taylor.  I asked him to autograph the book to Wilma and Ta-Ta.  I can't wait.

Rudy Taylor

That's so nice, Janet.  I hope you enjoy reading it.

I really don't want to make my presence on this forum a commercial venture.
It was so generous of Kjell and Teresa to give me such high billing.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Joanna

Quote from: Kermit on August 12, 2007, 06:56:25 PM...One word that seems to give a lot of people difficulty is "linoleum." ...

That reminds me of my aunt. She gets furious if we try to get her to say linoleum or aluminum or even spaghetti.  She doesn't have a speech problem, just some kind of mental block with certain words ~ and oh, how she can mangle them!

Diane Amberg

I can do linoleum and aluminum, but sometimes spaghetti comes out skabetti.   I've noticed the older I get, the worse (and funnier) it becomes.  When I took my first EMT class back in 1970, there was a darling old gentleman who taught the class.   He had a hard time with some words and we all had trouble because he didn't know he was doing it.  I've forgotten many of them, but he insisted on calling a tongue depressor a "tongue dispenser"....Well, you can imagine!  Many a night I thought I'd choke to death trying not to laugh.

Rudy Taylor

OK, Kermit, come out and play. Diane is telling tongue jokes and you're not here to respond on behalf of the frogs in this world.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Janet Harrington

Rudy, we all know that you never meant to advertise on the forum, but, we are having such a fun time with this book.  Like I said, I can hardly wait and I will listen to the CD in the car on the way to work.  At least I hope I can.  Will it work in a car CD player?

emptynest

And I should mention here that the Howard City Library also now has a copy of your book on its shelves.  It was purchased by the Library Board in memory of Dale Brenner.  We have been unable to keep the book on the shelves........Very popular.

patyrn

That is a nice memorial to Dale Brenner.

I ordered two of Rudy's books at Christmas time to give to my husband and my brother.  Rudy kindly autographed them both, and they have brought  back so many fond memories of growing up in "Small Town America", especially "Small Town Kansas".  Job well, done, Rudy!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk