Self-Check Out

Started by W. Gray, July 30, 2007, 02:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

This is a follow on to a recent thread discussing the self-checkouts in stores such as Wal-Mart.

At the self-check out today, we were able to weigh and price bananas without human intervention except that after placing the bunch on the scale, we had to punch in the store code for bananas. The code was stamped on one of the bananas. Apparently, they cannot or are not creating bar codes to automate this task.

I also noticed each self-check station takes coupons and will take exact change, without human intervention.

After leaving Wal-Mart, the wife wanted to go to Target. When checking out, there were 15 checkout lanes, long lines, and only two checkers. I looked around for a self-check out and there were none.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Rudy Taylor

Boy, was I wrong. I thought self checkout meant feeling for lumps in your breast or testicles.

You say they do that stuff at Wal-Mart?
It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

Goodness gracious Rudy!

You've been going to Walmart and feeling for lumps in your breasts and testicles?

It's a wonder you didn't get arrested!

;D

Jane

The Dillions in Topeka, KS have the self check outs . I have even checked my Millers Chillers out. The Checkers do take a look at you but it was fast and I did not have to speak to a person.Some days after work when you talked or heard people talking all day all you want is to get in and get out.
Technology is great.

Can someone tell me were the spell check is on this sight!!!?
Army Mom

kdfrawg

LOL! Thre is no sepllchkeer.  ;D

But you could go download the ieSpell addon for IE:

http://www.iespell.com/

Then you are just a right-click away from your spell-checker.

Rudy Taylor

...or you can spell it any way you choose and Janet will straighten you out.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Jo McDonald

Janet or her Mama Wilma
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk