Forum Member Get-together

Started by Rudy Taylor, July 27, 2007, 05:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Janet Harrington

OMG.  I absolutely will not miss this get together.  Ms. T's going to fry me some "yard bird".  OMG.  I can hardly wait.  Pick a date.  Pick a date.  Pick a date.

Teresa

Oh stop it! ::)
I'm frying it for everyone.. not just you..
Jeese.....
(At least you didn't ask me to bring baked macaroni and cheese.. )
I don't go anywhere that Becky Oakleaf doesn't want me to bring that.  ::)

So I guess the date needs to be discussed.
This is going to be the biggy
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I say that we have it September 22, 2007.

Teresa

Kjell and I sometimes have to be gone on weekends that we don't know until the last minute..
  I think that any weekend that we pick , there will be that possibility for anyone to have an unexpected turn of events that might come on.
But as far as I know, the 22nd sounds okay to me.
so.. what is everyone else schedule look like?
If there is any other dates that anyone wants to throw out there, so it and we will pick one.
( when is the Elk County Festival? )

Janet Harrington

The Elk River Festival is September 29.  We could do it that day, just plan to meet for lunch around 1:30 or 2:00.  That way they could come for the parade, look over the crafts, have lunch, go to the talent show and stay for the barbarque that evening.  (Which is so much a plate.)

Roma Jean Turner

IMy highschool reunion is that day. (the 29th).  Hope we can do it some other time, but can certainly understand if you pick that weekend.  It sounds like a fun time.  Sept  Sept 15 would be my best weekend.

Joanna

Quote from: Teresa on August 01, 2007, 07:04:15 PM
10 desserts,  5 pans of scalloped potatoes and nothing else... :-\
Personally, that sounds like a great meal to me! ;D ;D  Okay, Okay.  I'll plan on a couple different salads. I have a few extra chairs if anyone coming in needs some, let me know.  I've no preference on a date right now.

Buddyboy

At this microsecond, all of the dates mentioned are fine. I would think that if we do lunch/early afternoon it should be fine. We have some good stuff we usually take to pot lucks. They seem to be really popular around here. We could try them out on some new folk. Looking forward to this.

Teresa

The Elk Festival I think will be too much in one day.
The main reason is I can't fry chicken and bake pies and be able to go to the festival too.
  The 15th ..the 22nd.. both are good...so far.. for me..
Any other dates that are wanted?

Marcia Moore

I like the 22nd, because the Fall River Barbecue is the 15th.   4:00 or 5:00 would be nice, too.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk