Forum Member Get-together

Started by Rudy Taylor, July 27, 2007, 05:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Roma Jean Turner

:laugh: I would love to come. My 45 year highschool reunion is the last weekend in September.  Other than that I don't have anything booked.  I think a Saturday would be the best day because of time to travel.  This is exciting.

Rudy Taylor

Then again ...

... maybe we should leave the forum family alone. I'm afraid you wouldn't like me if you saw my real warts and the shape of my stomach. Maybe I'm an old grouch in person.  Dirty.  Smelly.

... maybe Elk County is like Lake Wobegon, Minn., an illylic place where we all love another, tease each other, say nice things at bedtime, you know ... nothing at all like the real word.

... maybe it would be unfair to those living far away, because they enjoy being a part of this little forum family and they would feel left out.

Oh, well.  Somebody needed to say those two little words: "Then again..."

So, let's party!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Wilma

You can come to the party, Rudy, and make a full report of it for those poor people that won't be able to come.  Wouldn't that work for those of you that know that you wouldn't be able to be here?

indygal

Ooooh! This sounds like fun! Both the big and little versions! Weekends are generally pretty good for Terrell and me, though Sept. 29 is already marked on our calendar. Any other weekend would be dandy...as long as I'm not put in charge of anything, that is! hee hee!

Jane

I would love to come. I can't be much help, but I can bring a side dish and clean-up. Rudy I think I spotted you at the bean feed at the Howard Fair? If it was you,I did not see any warts and your stomach looked no different then some of the men there.
So someone set a date and I will put it on my calendar.
Army Mom

Diane Amberg

It works for me. Rudy can write it up and we can vicariously be there. Where all the children are above average.

Rudy Taylor

You speak my language, Diane.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Roma Jean Turner

::)I am certainly willing to sign a pact stating that I will not
judge anyone's stomach and ask them not to judge mine.  Problem solved.

dandymomma

Last summer my husband and I and my best friend plus her husband hosted a party for people that we play World of Warcraft with. We had about 20 people, most of them camped out in our backyard. We had people come from ME, TX MI, WI, IL, CA, OR and British Columbia. Friday night we had a spaghetti feed, Saturday we went to the park and had a picnic and then drank, sang, BBQ'd and played poker all night. On Sunday we went to Mt. Rainier. It was very stressful, and I definatley wish there were more than just the 4 of us doing everything. I really could have done without going to the mountain on Sunday too.

My advice...

Keep it simple and have lots of help. Don't try to pack every minute with adventure and activities, and don't try to be Super Hostess. You'll end up having to go to your room in the middle of the party for a mini break-down.   :'(

Teresa

I Imagine it will be just for a Saturday afternoon type of deal..

( if Ta Ta and I are around each other too much we start to get along.. and I don't want that to happen.. LOL)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk